Whats the best socket for an impact wrench? (1 Viewer)

qikMick

Reaction score
Looking for a decent impact socket to fit a makita wrench - any suggestion, cheers.

The makita drill bit is the best one I use it on my Hilti still short socket

I'm using a snap on one which is amazing and gets that lifetime garrenttee but it is just under £20

I too use the makita short socket but it is worth mentioning to make sure its a fit for purpose impact wrench one as if not its likely to last very long- the anvil on the wrench is made from hardened steel & if a cheep soft steel socket is used & on a daily basis, it doesnt take very long to wear & cause problems.
you can see the wear where they join as the square socket hole enlarges you can feel & hear the socket head which will loosen & eventually the retaining pin will shear- & sods law sez its normally when your working at great heights & comes down like an exocet missle lol.extended use of a faulty socket like this will also give u another problem & thats the wear of the actual drilled hole through the anvil head that will wear to an oval - this means that you wont be able to secure even a new head to it as the movement in the pin hole will make the pin keep sheering! A replacement anvil is quite expensive normally circa £45 just for the part and requires a complete strip down of the drill.i can repace them myself in about 15mins but if you send it of you'll be lucky to get any change outta £100 & remember wear & tear like this is not covered in your warrenty

i too use the makita short socket but it is worth mentioning to make sure its a fit for purpose impact wrench one as if not its likely to last very long- the anvil on the wrench is made from hardened steel & if a cheep soft steel socket is used & on a daily basis, it doesnt take very long to wear & cause problems.
You can see the wear where they join as the square socket hole enlarges you can feel & hear the socket head which will loosen & eventually the retaining pin will shear- & sods law sez its normally when your working at great heights & comes down like an exocet missle lol.extended use of a faulty socket like this will also give u another problem & thats the wear of the actual drilled hole through the anvil head that will wear to an oval - this means that you wont be able to secure even a new head to it as the movement in the pin hole will make the pin keep sheering! A replacement anvil is quite expensive normally circa £45 just for the part and requires a complete strip down of the drill.i can repace them myself in about 15mins but if you send it of you'll be lucky to get any change outta £100 & remember wear & tear like this is not covered in your warrenty
sockets are for rockets !!!!

Top Bottom