Anyone done the Nebosh general or construction certificate? (1 Viewer)

Bobby mate I've done them both and both times I bought the examiners reports, and on both occasions in the exams the same questions appeared just slightly worded different. The only one that came up I wasn't sure about was the hard hat regulations.
The books are a bit overwhelming so keep it simple that's what I did hope it helps.

You can buy them of the nebosh website bobby, I had a load on my laptop but some **** nicked it out my car.

sorry to here that mate but living in manchester.................... lol

yeah ill have a look at that take it is well worth it then fella

It's good to have bobby, I did the general first, then the construction afterwards because you don't have to do the management paper second time round, it's like the donkey and carrot job.
It does give you a good grounding but it's like anything else, you don't use it everyday your brain stores it away, I've forgotten most of it now lol.

It took me about 12 months to do the General but at the time the exam dates where only a couple of times a year but they are more frequent now, also if you failed one part you had to sit the whole exam again which is also different now, it has been pointed out already about getting past papers and reading the reports that is sound advice I was sat outside the exam centre reading past reports I then went inside for the exam and one of the questions was what I had been reading. I went through RRC for the course and found them to be good, I don't think I would bother with the IOSH Managing Safely course as this is lower than the General Cert so wouldn't really be of any benefit to you, one thing I did wrong was try to study at too high a level remember it's a certificate not a degree so keep it simple, you will know the answers (scaffolders know everything ha ha) but like I said work on the difference between Identify-Outline-List-Explain-Define and you'll pass (tried to remember the name of the book but I can't, I am sure the library will tell you.

Quite funny ret I've found risk in Kings cross they offer a guaranteed pass ie keeping coming till u pass etc they offer different ways mostly classroom, I have stumbled across rcc and yes look quite good realistically think March I'll be looking to start it but really do your posts mate massive insight

Weaver no probs mate when ever u have a spare moment I've got Garry's int cert keeping me company at night lol

Analyse

Show the essence of something by breaking it down into its component parts and examining each part in detail.

Argue

Present the case for and against a particular proposition.

Compare

Look for similarities and differences between propositions.

Contrast

Place the two propositions in opposition in order to show the differences between them.

Criticise

Give your judgement about the merit of theories or opinions about the truth or facts, and back your judgement by a discussion of evidence.

Define

Set down the precise meaning of a word or phrase.* Show that the distinctions implied in the definition are necessary.

Describe

Give a detailed or graphic account of the characteristics of the subject.

Differentiate

Show the difference between two things by determining their distinctions.

Discuss

Investigate or examine by argument, sift and debate, giving reasons for and against.

Enumerate

Listen or specify and describe one by one.

Evaluate

Make an appraisal of the worth of something, in the light of its apparent truth or utility.* Include your personal opinion, supported by evidence.

Explain

Make clear, interpret, and account for in detail.

Explore

Thoroughly inquire into a topic by examining and analysing every aspect of it.

Illustrate

Explain and make clear by the use of concrete examples or by the use of figure diagrams.

Interpret

Bring out the meaning of, and make clear and explicit; usually also giving your own judgement.

Investigate

Search, study and carefully survey all areas of the subject.

Justify

Defend or show adequate grounds for decisions or conclusions.

Outline

Give the main points or general principles of a subject, omitting minor details, and emphasising structure and relationship.

Prove

Demonstrate truth or falsity by presenting evidence.

Relate

Narrate or show how things are connected to each other and to what extent they are alike or affect each other.

Review

Make a survey of, examining the subject critically.

State

Specify details fully and clearly.

Summarise

Give a concise account of the chief points or substance of a matter, omitting details and examples.

Trace

Identify and describe the development or course of history of a topic from some point or origin.

Ffs, no wonder all the safety men I've ever met are a bunch of sour faced, boring jobs worths with all that swilling round their mis-shapen heads.

aom I can only assume you never met me, I am retired now (retired early) but I was in scaffolding for about 28 years and then went into safety I thoroughly enjoyed both professions and was never looked on as sour faced and certainly not a jobsworth I did work onshore at times but most of my safety work was offshore on constructions jobs and hook ups and I was reasonably liked by everyone I certainly had a lot of respect I think that was because I never tried to prove anything and never judged anyone I had never met, I would hope when you have broadened your horizons you might also broaden your outlook and not class everyone the same just because of the profession they choose

I may well of met you then. Lighten up, you may have lost a bit of your sense of humour since you retirement.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Your not a ginger scouser are you?

Ha Ha would never lose my sense of humour the bit about he mis-shapen head got me looking in the mirror though

Hi Bobby…hows the bed time reading going Bro ???

With all the help from Forum Members how can you fail…

Go for it Bobby ;)

Hi Bobby…hows the bed time reading going Bro ???

With all the help from Forum Members how can you fail…

Go for it Bobby ;)

That's the problem Garry if I do fail I won't hear the end of it :laugh:

Funnily enough I've been having murders with my laptop for some reason a disk clean up takes all night and working 8-7 don't help much either lol but certainly will be having a gander shortly

Again boys thanks for your kind words and help in getting me started think carlsberg would be jealous of our forum ;)

Drop me a pm bobby with an email address and I will send you over some revision stuff

Ffs, no wonder all the safety men I've ever met are a bunch of sour faced, boring jobs worths with all that swilling round their mis-shapen heads.

I remember when they first called themselves "Safety Officers". That was in the days when they used to tell people to put their glasses on. Then when they realized that as an "officer" they were telling people what to do so therefore could be accountable they changed their title to "Safety Advisors".

In my position if I get advice from a "safety adviser" and don't take it and something happens then I am responsible. Alternatively if I get advice from a "safety adviser" and follow their advice to the letter and something goes wrong I am still responsible!

Therefore I generally listen to them before saying "thanks for the advice now **** orf".

Top Bottom