Agency Scum (1 Viewer)

rhysboy

Reaction score
Just been laid off after 2 weeks was promised till xmas even knocked a few jobs back just went in this morning got told what you doing ya tha ***** from dsl said youve caught up with the work dont need you now ya only agency things change..
over tha phone tha spineless ****
Sooner we fuk um all off tha better treating us like dirt ta make few quid fuming :mad:

Last edited:
rhys sorry to hear that. Sometimes we are not told the truth from the client as they know its not easy to get someone for short term work. They will say it ongoing or a good few weeks but not give an exact date.

All you agencies are full of ****, scum of the earth. As Rhys said we shouldn't work for you parasites.

Not all agencies are the same. I deal with only scaffolders and mates and I have plenty guys that are happy with the service I give them. Mainly I am honest with them and treat them how I would like to be treated.

Before all you agencys came along there was always guarenteed work and you knew were you was.
Thas why all agency boys get a bad name cos we no were getting abused so we all take tha **** and try and milk tha job cos everytime we do have a go we get ****** over like this.
They use agencys promise you months flood the job with men then get rid of you like a rat
if you was direct they wouldnt be able to do it to you so yeh it is your fault if you was direct youd have a contract etc theyd have to stick to and 38 hours pay when you did go and a weeks notice ... like i said Scum

I took a job last week for one who said it was for a week,i wasn't doing anything and I could walk to the site so said yes,i got there and it was only for one day as the scaffold company coulndnt send anyone,i questioned the agency and they said we were told one week,the site agent showed me the email requesting one day!!!!they know if they only say a couple of days or 2 weeks they wont get anyone so they just lie,its the norm,but unfortunately more and more big firms are using them for temporary labour instead of taking people on short-term themselves,and don't get me started on the ones that use robbing ******* umbrella companies who charge just to process your wages!!!

Each to their own rhys I know it doesnt matter what i say you have been done over and you are quite rightly not happy about it.
Why do you think companies use agencies its so that they get all the flak when it comes to hiring and firing. An agency cant just flood a job without the say so from the hiring company.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

ifckopite I know this happens all the time and it shouldnt as you alienate the workforce if you lie to them.
There should be tougher regulations on this so that people dont get shafted like that.

You agencys should start drawing up contracts for us then so we cant get ****** over ?..
Ive worked for agencys less and less lately and if we all end up doing it you will all be ****** i no plenty of boys that wont work for agencys anymore the sooner you realise were all getting fukd rite off with it tha beta
Why you think you get ten men on agency and within 3 days 6 are gone we all use them now like they use us last resort

I agree with you rhys and I tell everyone that goes out for me that I totally understand that you will jump for better money, hours or longer duration of work. I would do and have done the exact same when I was on the tools.

Even all the big firms use agency's now.

Why? 1. They cheaper than employing direct.

2. Easy to get rid of scaffs at short notice.

3. Scaff firms not paying wages out straight away. Ie not using there money. Until they get Invoice from Agency.

4, Plus now NASC allow There Members a percentage of none direct scaffolders per year under NASC Rules.

Last edited:
Its not just scaffolders that are in this situation it is all trades.

Just to top it off just spoke to payroll company no hours been sent over owed 800 aswell scum

Speak to the agency if they have a timesheet for you then your umbrella company should be able to advance the money to you.

Just been laid off after 2 weeks was promised till xmas even knocked a few jobs back just went in this morning got told what you doing ya tha ***** from dsl said youve caught up with the work dont need you now ya only agency things change..
over tha phone tha spineless ****
Sooner we fuk um all off tha better treating us like dirt ta make few quid fuming :mad:

Boycott all agencys.

If there is no work around and you need to bread on the table then you will take what ever you can get , but what I don't understand is why any decent man is not employed at the moment as there is so much work about , tell me if iam wrong but I have always found most agency men to be lazy , and the only reason they are working for an agency is because no one else will employ them full time.

Phil before the new CiS ruling guys were better off with an agency not so much now. Things have changed since the recession and companies are still unsure about taking on direct. They come to us as they can hire and fire when they want/need to. I deal with 2 companies and they will use the time the guys are working through us as their probation period and if all is good they take them on the books.

That sounds like a strange situation , most agency's have a no poaching policy regards their men , I have been in this game for almost 35 years and have seen many agency's guys on site , don't get me wrong there are some good lads , but the most of them are lazy , clock watching lads, who want to get the most hours for the least done.

Top Bottom