Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CISRS and Grants for Training

Thanks

Default CISRS and Grants for Training

List and locations of all CISRS Training Providers

Hi Guys,

I have been contacting these centres for different business reasons, but the last two I have spoken to are very understanding of the predicament facing non CISRS card holding experienced scaffolders.

There are grants available, possibly to cover much of the fees. From what I gather, the course itself (the "classroom" hours, if you will) cannot be cut down but the time between courses can be fast tracked.

Anyway, it could be worth having a chat with the directors of the courses for more information and help accessing the grants.

These are the two:-

Training 2000, based in Blackburn
    and
    Arrow Training, based in Doncaster.

HTH

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BetterTAX For This Useful Post:

allan666 (27th January 2012), Joe90 (4th August 2010)

Thanks

The time between courses cannot be fast tracked gents 6 months between Part 1 & 2 and 12 months between Part 2 and advance (this going by the date your part 2 card was issued to you)

If you want more info get back to me and I can offer your free training providing you do not already have a NVQ.

You will get your Part 1 & 2 and your NVQ all FREE!!!!

check our website out SCAFFOLDING CONSULTANTS | SCAFFOLD DESIGN | SCAFFOLDING TRAINING | SCAFFOLDING EXPERTS or email me at dabraham@simian-risk.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Abe For This Useful Post:

dico (10th August 2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,204 Posts

hello betertax.spoke to stephwilson scaffolding coordinator at blackburn.in may told her
    about the ticket issue and they were unable to help with funding unless this has changed
    m8.

Thanks

Dico what is it you are after, if it is free training then I can sort this mate

Thanks

sounds good daveabe.you beter get your phones manned m8.

Thanks

We have been running this for about a year now mate, done approx over 100 lads all over the country, various of companies; small and big names in the industry

Check our website mate SCAFFOLDING CONSULTANTS | SCAFFOLD DESIGN | SCAFFOLDING TRAINING | SCAFFOLDING EXPERTS

Thanks

hello dave abe.i have your website m8 i shall ring you in the week m8.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Abe View Post
    The time between courses cannot be fast tracked gents 6 months between Part 1 & 2 and 12 months between Part 2 and advance (this going by the date your part 2 card was issued to you)

If you want more info get back to me and I can offer your free training providing you do not already have a NVQ.

You will get your Part 1 & 2 and your NVQ all FREE!!!!

check our website out SCAFFOLDING CONSULTANTS | SCAFFOLD DESIGN | SCAFFOLDING TRAINING | SCAFFOLDING EXPERTS or email me at dabraham@simian-risk.com
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting and bringing this to the forefront again... and for your other post about the free training.

I can only tell you what I was told. The guy at Arrow Training said the classroom time had to be as it is but the time between can be fast tracked according to competence and approval (not just from the college - presumably the accrediting body.) When I say fast tracked, we're still talking a few months between, just not so many. Perhaps this is something your training centre could look at and get approval for? Mind you, I think he did mention that if experienced scafs wanted to take advantage of this, they best get a move on before it's all too late.

dico,

i dont know if things have changed since you spoke to Steph. It was Steph that told me about grants (government funding) being available.

As a general note, at the end of the day these centres are running a business and want learners... it's how they get funding. So if they can help, they will.

In any event though,

Don't shoot the messenger, guys! I was just trying to help!

Thanks

i have a mate that works at training 2000,phil harding,top scaffolder.can have a word with him if someone needs help.or info on courses.now i know about these ,maybe get my son on one.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just had a long chat with Steph Wilson at Training2000.

Let me first say, the word I should have used is funding and not grants. The important thing is that training may be funded and therefore won't cost you.

Funding varies from CISRS centre to centre. Your best bet is to call your local centre (found here) to see what training and funding is available to you. It does seem that, as Dave Abe also says, if you have an NVQ already, no funding is available.

If your centre can't offer funding,
    "several of the centres provide extra funding through “train to gain” and so may be able to offer courses at discounted prices or even free in some instances." (from main CISRS FAQ). So call Train to Gain to see how they can help.

From what Dave is saying, it would seem that Simian Risk offering parts 1, 2 & NVQ2 free is a very good offer... Dave, is area of residence not at issue?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BetterTAX For This Useful Post:

mdolinschi (20th January 2013), Tony"Scaffs don't scare"B (13th August 2010)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast