Experienced scaffolders required for a contract in Falmouth 8 week contract (1 Viewer)

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
Experienced scaffolders required for a contract in Falmouth, this is an 8 week contract due to start on Wednesday 22nd October, 12 hours per day 7 days per week paying £13.00 per hour for Part 1 and £15.00 per hour for Part 2 & Advanced. Must have full PPE, own tools and valid CISRS Card. For more information please call Chelsea, George or Dawn on 02392 698053

Why bother to shell out over a grand for your advanced course when you just get paid the same as a basic scaffolder? Bloody joke at the moment.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lads DO NOT touch this job if it's SCA I warn you now!!!

Why bother to shell out over a grand for your advanced course when you just get paid the same as a basic scaffolder? Bloody joke at the moment.

just saying my pal...um....i done part1 in 92 and me part2 in 93. now, back in those days in deep deep dorset you had to pay your self if u wanted to own a scaffold card! AND the main reason that i didnt do my advance is because ive always earned as much as advanced scaffs. and lets face it its not the type of card u own its the experience that one has. ive always had guys with me and i say 'dont tell me wot card u got or yrs exp u got just get on with it and i wil judge u on ur peformance'!! i hope that helped in sum sort of way. :toung:

alot of employers would take the advance over the part 2 2 marras for sullome voe job they took the advance 1

Then because your advanced it makes you better I differ in that I know labours who know more then a gold card holder half don't know how to use a rope and wheel or they are above doing a bit of labouring

Why should I pay over a grand to be advanced just so I can be paid the same as a basic scaffolder? Might as well just be a part 2 for life eh? I take it you're a basic or part 1 anyway.

alot of employers would take the advance over the part 2 2 marras for sullome voe job they took the advance 1

ha ha ha. i think adv card holders think they have a bigger co.ck! either way geezer it doesnt matter!...... my best pal has a firm and has been running it for over 10yrs and he hasnt even got a pt1! ive been adv for well over a decade but i dont need a gold card to tell me that PLUS i earn as much as them! and rightly so!:cool:

That's all Great till the s*it hits the Fan!

And when it does, First Question when does is

What Card you Got.

And if you don't have the Right Card for the work your doing, your F***ED And Your Employer F***ED As well.

So you end up with a Large Fine or Jail.

That's all Great till the s*it hits the Fan!

And when it does, First Question when does is

What Card you Got.

And if you don't have the Right Card for the work your doing, your F***ED And Your Employer F***ED As well.

So you end up with a Large Fine or Jail.
who dares win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:

I am currently looking for part 2 Scaffs in Basingstoke, Woodley, Reading, and Waterlooville. 8 weeks work 40 hours per week no digs £18.50p/h immediate starts.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Please call Chris on 0161 834 4040

I see being a gold card holder a sore subject and you payed a bag of sand **** you mean you get some firm or grant and if you did so what I still most of them are good the school work but when it comes to doing it there **** I was a cradle hand. Under Eddie skillback years ago we did some good hangers. Slungs and flying shores most gold card or most today would have a Danny

A provisional licence means you cant drive by your self and sadly thats the same as a basic card in the eyes of the law i know some very good basics who deserve advanced money but when the **** hits the fan its the advanced who get the ****

******* not saying its 80s I mean because have that card your better no ******* way

Why should I pay over a grand to be advanced just so I can be paid the same as a basic scaffolder? Might as well just be a part 2 for life eh? I take it you're a basic or part 1 anyway.

You shouldn't. That's the point.
You shouldn't be thinking about it in terms of 'card equals money.' Experience and knowledge, in my view, should always take priority.
The sad fact is, an eighteen or nineteen year old could conceivably hold a gold card.

A hopelessly flawed system.

******* not saying its 80s I mean because have that card your better no ******* way

Show me one post that says I am better because I have a gold card. If I have all the responsibility of an advanced whilst running a job and something goes wrong and I end up in court then please enlighten me as to why you think a basic should get the same money with no risk of legal action etc? You're not putting forward a very good argument Mr shouty shouty.

Top Bottom