Getting back into scaffolding (1 Viewer)

fozzy890

Reaction score
Hey guys,
As the title states i'm thinking about coming back into scaffolding after being laid off 6 times in a year when the credit crunch was upon us i decided to leave it behind me and chose to go as a driver.
I am still a part 1 with an expired card although my CSCS H&S test is in date meaning i can apply for my card at any point.
I also hold full CPC, 7.5 ton license and Taco card.

I don't mind doing my Part 2 myself in time but need to get back in the game before considering this.
I am in South Yorkshire at the moment but wouldn't mind if relocating would be needed as its ***** here anyway.

Any useful information and guidance would b greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys

Invest in urself as quick as possible m8- massive shortage of labour in our industry at the moment so wages have never been so good...welcome back

Tell ya what mate best thing to do is not start scaffolding again trust me lol

Maybe Dahn Sarf Sp, But Not In Scotland Good Buddy, Wages And Prices Have Never Been Such Crap.

Really that surprises me tbh thought it was national...just taken a guy on & took ages 2 find anyone willing to work for under £200 due to rates being advertised on here lol

Come on guys, can't be that bad. Id be more than happy on £100 a day.
I'm working 1 hour days and dragging £400 at the moment and i'm self employed.
I actually enjoyed scaffolding but my past is street work and power lines and not many of the companies i worked for are still trading.
I don't mind travel, just want something long term and on books rather than the uncertainty of having a job day in day out

Fozzy.dsl are manning up again on draxs.thats later this year.dsl have part shut down on ConocoPhillips.thats anytime now.theres a new power station been built in brigg.that starts October. Don't know who as got the scaff side.lads on here may help more with all info.good luck

Thanks for that Lee, ill see what i can dig up.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Invest in urself as quick as possible m8- massive shortage of labour in our industry at the moment so wages have never been so good...welcome back

Just curious buddy. What you mean by invest in myself?
I don't want to consider paying for my part 2 until im actually working as if not it may go unused and be wasted.
Everything else i have already or can get in a matter of weeks.
Thanks

Top Bottom