hire..good or bad??

punter

Reaction score
Hi fellas..just wanted yours thoughts on hiring gear and if anyone has,how they found working that way...cheers in advance

Bit of both really . We buy and hire. Rather buy gear but sometimes hiring can pull you out of a sticky patch.

its ok if they pay for cut boards or your paying twice,I don't like roofers!

Tbh sometimes youve got no choice...cashflow may not allow for a big buy where as hire maybe the answer for a short term get outta jail option ...but be carefull - brds are expensive & costs can still mount up
factor in any extended hire you may need to pass on to ur client & try to keep an eye on where the gear is as its easy to lose track of where it is.& some companies insist on having their own materials back instead of yours in lieu- damaged or lost or misscounted materials will be additional charged & again costs can be run up quite quickly. .
the best advise i could give you is shop around & find which company suits ur needs best, the promise of cheeper hire rates means nothing if they cant supply you when you need it - or mega delivery charges.
we tend to stay loyal to 1 supplier where trust & a good working relationship can be gained & is important-trying to save urself 2p on something may make u feel smug but can also lose you a load of goodwill in the long run...aplly for a small credit line with Generations & gradually build it up to suit your needs...hope this helps

Hiring is good for a short term, as long as you build all the costs in to your figures.
Easy to become unstuck with run away hire costs, and it always seems to go back a few bits short !!

Cheers sp seems good advice

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Not sure but i heard generations been taken over by a company called altrad???

Top Bottom