Offshore essentials?

jamieBhibby

Reaction score
Right guys i finally got a trip and just looking to see what i should be taking with me? Few mates have said a few things i would no have thought of so no doubt there will be some other decent suggestions!

A good book , sitting in a tea shack doing nowt for hrs can be brain damage.

make sure under 25lbs per bag ,ear plugs in case you get a snorer ,say goodbye to English football in the papers too ,I now support hearts 2 weeks at a time

travel lite pal get ur washin done evry day if u want 2 lots of wrk gear plenty enuf. when winter comes long jons essential .if u smoke find out if they sell em onboard cos some rigs dint and u have to take ur own.alot of platforms wont let u have hoodys ouside boiler suit incase it gets snagged when its cold i use them thin balaclavas under the hard hat.

Take you sweeties as the bond is a rip off. All your toiletries. Money for football cards and bonus balls coupons. If not you will be know as the one who is tight as cramp.
Take a jar of decent coffee as the ones out there are rank. Get a locker as soon as and try to raid the stores. Thermal jackets, hat liners, anything warm for winter. Good book. And f@ck sake dont forget your chargers and sence of humour.

Depending where your flying from 12kg per bag. No knives etc.

Good luck pal. Which platform you on?

Good man Jamie, perseverance does pay off. ;)

A picture of your missus to have a **** over, unless you like hairy arsed men.....lol lol.
na all the best mate and enjoy the trip.

Mind and take your Balls with you. As a lot of them out there, have lost theirs over the years. You'll see what I mean once you've got a few trips under your belt.....Have a safe one ,mate!.

Last edited:
I know a VIP member on the forum who was a victim of a cruel hoax on his first trip offshore,,,after asking a familly member what to take on his first trip, he was told to take cutlery ,crockery,.towel,dish cloth,bed linen ,pillow ,,,,, would loved to have seen the look on the guys face who searched his bag ......dont take this the wrong way my freind ,just a bit of banter ,,,,,OH THE BANTER !!!!!

Top Bottom