Ongoing Work in Edinburgh

Carbon60

Reaction score
We are currently looking for 10 Scaffolders to start work in Edinburgh at the begining of September. This will be ongoing positions paying £12.50 per hour Umbrella.

Call Carbon60 on 01314543979

Is that all you give the lads up there carbon60?...shame on you!!!

Thats the going rate in and around Edinburgh. We dont make the rates our clients dictate the rates.

I wish we were charging that but we are not anywhere near £17.50

Sorry, what am I thinking you can't make money at that, it's too low. £20?

I dont know where this wonderful idea that recruitment agencies make all this money from placing someone in a temp job. Do you not think if that was the case everyone would want to work in recruitment.

Do you really think a company are going to pay an agency £20 and then the agency only pays the candidate £10-£12 per hour get real.

But that's how you lot work.think you need to get real pal..think everyone needs to keep clear of your company..

so that's £100 a day for a scaffolder then the umbrella company take there cut how can you waste your time even posting this add joker

I've always managed to avoid agencies but last week, being as I was waiting on another job starting, I thought I'd get a few shifts in.
Where's the harm in that, right?
Wrong. Nothing but a ball breaker from start to finish.
What exactly are the people in the agency and the umbrella company doing? I had a pile of paperwork with hours, expenses, f@cking equal opportunities fact sheets.
I've been self-employed for a few years now and even with invoicing different clients for each day of the week, there's still less bumf to get through than this (considerably more money to be made also).
After doing all this, the agency phone me this morning to argue about hours worked (despite the fact that I had to work alone on Friday as no one else turned up).
I told the Site Agent I'd strip the rest of the job and stack it but when I'd done that, I was going home.
F&cking agency is saying I'm only getting 4 hours for it as that's how long I was there.
Never again. C@nts.

Last edited:
yep i got the asshole in sending paperwork over both for companies and an agency from being selfemployed im back on the cards now yes u make a bit less but the 4/5 weeks off paid makes it worth while imo and a lot more secure vant beat it

Bobby ur no more secure on the cards then self employed m8.tbh if they want rid itz only a weeks notice...&,as for time off -technically ur dictated too when you can take it, but as S/E when u want as long as u want, if you get ur rebate & ferrit it away even better

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

I dont know where this wonderful idea that recruitment agencies make all this money from placing someone in a temp job. Do you not think if that was the case everyone would want to work in recruitment.

Do you really think a company are going to pay an agency £20 and then the agency only pays the candidate £10-£12 per hour get real.

Erm yes...thats exactly wot u do, the last time i used an agency we were charged£25ph +vat & the opperative was payed £18ph, & was also expected to have £15 deduction for the payroll company.
Which makes me wonder exactly what it is as a company you do, as not only the larger companies but the SMEs like me can now offer similar rates but without the loss of vat to temp workers, it maybe in the short run temporarily inflate wage perception of the workers but if theyre not tied to an agency contract -if able the company can offer them a full time place if required without paying a huge levy/placement fee to you.
tbh theres a shortage of scaffs @ the mo anyway with most in full time employment, a few weeks ago i needed a guy for the short term & contacted RHL & am still waiting for them to supply the labour, thankfully i've taken on a full time guy now anyway.
but thb you guys do urself no favours placing adds with such low rates.

cant argue with that daz must be the hols that do it for me........... and the last time i done agency it was £20 i got charged for the pleasure of getting paid!!!!!! each to there own i suppose yes its only a week they have to give ya but certainly feels more secure, and you seem to get more training on the cards than working for a firm thats SE

Southern I dont know what agency you used. People will try to inflate the charge rate and get as much as they can from you. All you have to say is thats to much so and so have quoted me £xx.xx ring around and dont go to the first agency that you call. Every agency has different rates but most of the pay rates will be the same across the board for your area.

We get a bad name because some people are only in it for a quick buck. I have work on both sides of the fence as a recruiter and as a temp so I do have sympathy for the temps and always try to get the best I can for the guys.

We are not all bad.

Top Bottom