newbie needs help please.

liamdel

Reaction score
Hi I have just started my apprenticeship and I am looking to buy a scaffolders shoulder protection gaurd. Can anyone suggest a website please. Thanks.

Welcome to scaffs forum fella

Just ask ma to sew extra Padding (Guard) inside work shirts shoulder area, or carry a hessian Sack with you,and place on shoulder as support for any intended heavy thingammys.

Dont overload your shoulder as you might be on compo within the week.
Ensure you've received Instructions by competent person via Toolbox Talk on Manhandling Techniques.

Failing that shoulder Pads are available in sports shops that cater for American Footballers PPE.(Poofs)

Please do not think my comments are in any way sarcastic, but with you just starting out on the Scaffs Path expect a lot of stick coming your way
from senior workmates.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Scaffolding Industry mate....

There is no easy way around it, your just going to have to take the pain till you break your shoulder in so to speak, should be no problem after a few weeks.

Cheers
Paul

Ffs u poof fcukin man up & let ur shoulder get used to it....u'll be crying that your getting wet & cold in the winter months next.

Shoulder Pads ? What The Fekk ? Do We Have Joan Collins On Here Now? Time To Take The Pain Kid. Itll Hurt Like Hell For A Few Weeks But Youll Do All Right.

you would set yourself right up if you turn up with pads mate plus use both shoulders my left ones like a forklift my right like a 5 year olds lol

hahahaha class ,

the thing is Leachs actually used to sell leather shoulder pads cant think why they stopped

Hi just want to say thanks for the replies. I decided to grin and bear it as a lot of you suggested aand its working, the pain isnt so bad now. Thanks.

Good man. Every day gets easier until your twirling paddies like a pipe major until your about 40 then everything starts to hurt again.

What the f*ck next, I thought that the hi-via kilt was the line in the sand, however, I was wrong…WTF, pads are for pussies…do like your Bro Scaffs has had to do before you, take the pain, it build up stamina and it will get you familiar with breaking the pain barrier…

I got no beaf with extra ppe build in for the specific HOZOPS Tasks, but a pad on your shoulder, f*ck sake you,ll be walking around like Qasimoto…na na this is gan too far PMSL…

Take the pain, march or die...

wont matter in 10 years when the max load we can lift is 10kg or something stupid like that all hemping 13s using 8ft boards and 8 fittings in a bag lol

Top Bottom