New member interested In Australia

scouser3393

Reaction score
Hi all my names josh am 21am a basic scaffolder and fancy going over too Australia can anyone give me any info on what I may need and traning that can help me thanks any advice or info will be helpful

Hi and welcome to the Scaffolders Forum.

Best Regards

SF Admin

Welcome to the UK Scaffs forum fella

Info on OZ contact the wizard on Australia Scaffs are us Forum.

Or PM HSWT (AKA Deidre) UK Forum member & MOD for advice.

ORAC is Whiz Kid on OZ update Subject too.

Last edited:
Just get a working holiday visa mate,apply online on the Australian embassy. Youll have to redo your tickets but down there you can get to advanced in 2 weeks so not a bother.Course costs 1000-1500 dollars. Wage for advanced is about the 35 an hour mark if you know what your doing. Its mostly quick stage though.

All depending where u go!? Last year we were getting $46- $48 hr for part2,s an $50-$52 for advanced!

as already mentioned get a young persons working holiday visa, once you are here you need your white card, similar to cisrs touch screen test, confined space, work at heights card & you will need to do your scaffolding courses here, the UK ones are not recognised, most companies will sort out your WAH & confined spaces.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

working alongside HSWT on the same job

as already mentioned get a young persons working holiday visa, once you are here you need your white card, similar to cisrs touch screen test, confined space, work at heights card & you will need to do your scaffolding courses here, the UK ones are not recognised, most companies will sort out your WAH & confined spaces.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

working alongside HSWT on the same job

And you are a welcome addition to the team Orac.

The camp is great isn't it?

wow thanks for all the replies so basically all i need is a working visa then when am over there i need to get my white card which is my scarf cards again and when you say quick stage do u mean like layer... what is this camp u guys are talking about haha

Hi Josh, as you are a Basic Scaffolder already, I would recommend you sit your Inter/Advanced Scaff Course in Perth WA...your Basic would be done as and Assessment Pathway...You would also need your White Card, WAH and C/Space..I work for a training centre in perth so if you would like more detailed info, email me...Feona

I'm wondering if you have any info regarding getting into Australia, I've got a few tickets and level 5 in Scaffolding (Supervisor) but they are all u.k tickets.
I'm 26 and been scaffolding since i was 14, It's all i really know,I'm a family man hence the reason why i want to migrate to OZ with having a 19month old boy.
Any information/Contacts would be great, As i think i'm right in thinking can i come on a working holiday visa being under 32? But unsure what will happen as my wife doing Beauty theropy at College and don't think it right gambling to get to OZ for only a year if i fail to get a sponsership with what we would need to give up over here, I just need a break for my family's sake..
Thanks lads.

welcome to the forum Feona. questions about oz always popping up , so good to have a link with someone downunder. Do you have sister companies in Sidney/Melbourne?
Is that right,advanced tkts in 2 weeks ??

Training in Western Australia

Hello Fred,
Thank you for your contact and request. Unfortunately, we only operate in Western Australia. We offer Assessment Only Pathways for people who hold current overseas Tickets for conversion...depending on the level they are currently at. It is good to have a response from you so fire any questions you may have and will be only too happy to help make the transition easier for you :)

Feona
feona@perthtrainingcentre.com.au

Thanks Feona, assessment on current tickets makes sense, shame its not reciprocated over here for travelling scaffs from downunder.

Top Bottom