Scaffolders required @ Didcot Power Station (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
AM Recruitment Ltd require Scaffolder's all levels,
Part 1 £14/hr
part 2 £15.75
Adv £17.50/hr
46 hrs Mon- Fri,
Digs arranged.
Didcott Powerstation,
12 months work,.
all training supplied, ie confined spaces, asbestos awareness and asbestos medical.
01740 645813
jobs@amrecruitmentltd.com.

Last edited:
would you pay digs for labourers with power station experience and safety passport?i have the online asbestos certificate,but is that enough?

Think you need the medical fella! Face fit for masks etc
Anyone know whose in there

this is one dirty place I mean dirty god no whats floating round that station good luck all that apply lol!!

OCS the firm doing the job lads they brought out eds

What about holiday pay

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Do u pay time and half and double time

holiday pay is included in the rate, as you would essentially be working self employed. we have to pay holidays by law. So that rate is a bit low then

14.96 basic plus also not workin with asbestos

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

That labourers money 11.50

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Your not cause after 38 hrs I get time and half which mean the last 8 hrs of the 46 are time and half plus get bonus for working on asbestos job

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

the naeci agreement is £13.83 for an advanced craftsmen, for a basic craftsmen its £11.24.

both of my rates are way higher than the blue book, what is your point here ?

£11.24 + 12.07 % hols = £12.60

£13.83 + 12.07 % hols = £15.50

38 x 14.96 = £568.48
8 x 20.92 = £167.36

total = £735.84 per week

£17.50 x 46 = £805.

which would you rather have ?

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

so with me you are £70 a week better off than blue book .

Plus lodge which is 247 a week tax free so yours ain't plus travel expenses once a month and a bonus

Plus lodge which is 247 a week tax free so yours ain't plus travel expenses once a month and a bonus

you are boring me now, we pay digs so if it costs 60 quid per night that works out at 300 tax free doesn't it, plus 70 quid a week better off we'll call that your bonus as it works out to £1.50 an hour. all travel is sorted too.

i hope your 247 covers the cost of your room i really do. on ya way son coz even if you were the last scaffolder on earth i wouldn't employ you, you wouldn't work, your attitude to me a new comer on this forum is terrible, i am here to help not be slated for the work i have available.

if you don't like the job then don't reply.

i really don't see what you are getting at.

what do you think the rates should be ?

So you pay 300 quid tax free lodge to each man on top of the 805 also think the rate should be £20 hr

we pay for the digs out right so if it costs us 70 a night we pay that in full we pay for the digs , well in an ideal world i would pay £20 and hour but i can't because the client won't let us. so either suck it up like a man or moan like a bitch.

Stay in digs normally a few around also do u pay for a champagne breakfast

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

2 blokes to a room 28 pound each 28x5 = £140 leaves me £107 for beer

when a agency pays lodge things must be looking up thou the rates are beter than theve been for years I don't think am recruitment are paying a bad wage there not far off what capes paye on a station so now and again I think agenceys should get a break from the bad press got me out the sh!t a few times.

Top Bottom