beams

marra watson

Reaction score
got a couple of question.... despute at work. lol

a] do you ledger brace on top of the bottom cord and underneith the top cord
b ] do you ledger brace underneith the bottom cord and on top of the top cord
c] does it depend if the what the beams purpose is ie bridging or catarliverd?

cheers

ah fook sorry.. my glasses were off.. delete and retry... earm.. dont make a difference for me.. just one each end of the beam and at any dolly towers...

hi mate i always use too brace under the top chord and over the bottom one,just in case need to board out then nothing was in the way,

Longun......get that post back up smartish!

Theres no copy paste delete in the real world and I reserve the right for you to look as big a tw@t as I have in the past :p

:laugh::laugh:

If I could ide reinstate it just for you Joe.

Longun......get that post back up smartish!

Theres no copy paste delete in the real world and I reserve the right for you to look as big a tw@t as I have in the past :p

I fook enough men in the real world... i should be allowed to undelete somewhere!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
got a couple of question.... dispute at work. lol

a] do you ledger brace on top of the bottom cord and underneath the top cord
b ] do you ledger brace underneath the bottom cord and on top of the top cord
c] does it depend if the what the beams purpose is ie. bridging or cantilevered?

cheers

Morning Marra,
If by Ledger Brace you are referring to Plan Brace there are a couple of options available
You would normally brace the compression chord.

So in a simple span that would be the top chord the brace would normally be under the top chord thus allowing transoms and boards to be fitted to the beam level.

That said in a cantilever beam the bottom chord of the cantilevered portion of the beam is in compression and the brace is then on top of the bottom chord (on top because it is easier to fix)

regards
Alan

Last edited:
You know i tried explaining the compression cord to an old scaff and he couldn't get his head round it!
Now he just asks where I want the plan braces

Top Bottom