To be a C@nt or not to be a C@nt. That is the question?

Dandaps

Reaction score
We have done a job for a customer (brickie) on a large extension progressive lifts etc. Now when we did the job we was later informed that the other side of the house needs doing as the home owner is going to put a roof on the whole house rather than the just the extension. We measured up the other side and said we will get a price for them. Any way week and half later after we put our last lift on and roof trusses go on I've just drove past and low and behold another firms been and put the otherside up. I hadn't even given the homeowner our price as they weren't ready for the roof at that point. So I give the homeowner a little knock on the door and ask if the brickie has finished (our customer) "he's back to finish off tomarrow" Me "ok then we can take our equipment away " her " well we will need it to finish the roof".
Hmm they have had the scaffold for over 8 weeks and I'm a bit peeved they let some other boys do the other side when we didn't even get a phonecall. I asked the lads was there any problems last time they went and they said "no everything was sound" we could do with the gear back also.
To be a C@nt or to not be a c@nt.
:mad: :bigsmile:

F@ck em. Cheeky swines.
Get the job stripped forthwith my good man.:idea:

Surely if they require your scaffolding to do something that you hadn't quoted for (the whole roof) you should be able to re-negotiate for the extra time your equipment is away for?

I don't know how you quote - do you factor in amount being used and time away? Or just amount being used?

It is extremely cheeky of them, to not get your price before going with someone else and then to use your stuff for a job you hadn't accounted for.

No better tax they have not used our gear they have had another firm erect the otherside of the house and inside the new extension so they could carry the trusses into the correct position. The bricklayer is our first port of call he has instructed us and paid us every time. His job was to do the brickwork to the new extension he will be finished tomarrow and grsnted it has taken a while because he has been busy I have not charged any extra hire out of goodwill. He is finished his job from tomarrow and the homeowner is arranging there roofer etc to carry out the roofing work whilst using our scaff and getting there own firm to erect the otherside of the house. Out of politeness i would have thought we would have been asked when we could put the rest up and how much it would be? We have been there on tap whe they needed and have our detail on our sign board. So i dont need to leave the scaff up if i don't want too.
It all boils down to whether i feel like being a c@nt which at this moment in time i do.

Show up with the wagon and the lads and tell the punter you'll call it off for another week or two if they give you another few ton.
It'll cost them more in down time and to pay another firm to come erect another one.

Show up with the wagon and the lads and tell the punter you'll call it off for another week or two if they give you another few ton.
It'll cost them more in down time and to pay another firm to come erect another one.

My thoughts entirely. I try to be a nice guy really do:bigsmile:. But some people take that as being soft:cry: so **** em all:wacko:

Straightforward commercial decision

Charge extra hire (up-front) or dismantle and remove

strange that someone has a scaff company do 1 part of a job, then calls in another company for a 2nd stage. Ide remove it dandaps, someone using your kit at your expense. goodwills been abused mate.

Just weighed it up they have had it 9 weeks from last Tuesday think we will go over Friday with a wagon .

Sh1t the bed you need me on this one mate,

strip it purely because its a bricklayer needing it ,

strip it because jimmy saville was a roofer,

strip it purely to be vindictive and a tw@t......

take no notice of anyone saying arrr just do the right thing.....

get it on the wagon give that tart the middle finger and tell her saving fifty quid on another outfits not really worked out that well has it :toung:

Sh1t the bed you need me on this one mate,

strip it purely because its a bricklayer needing it ,

strip it because jimmy saville was a roofer,

strip it purely to be vindictive and a tw@t......

take no notice of anyone saying arrr just do the right thing.....

get it on the wagon give that tart the middle finger and tell her saving fifty quid on another outfits not really worked out that well has it :toung:

Absolutely ! Common sense all ways prevails my fellow scaffold comrade

The voice of reason thru rigger and bettertax, be a carnt looks to be the popular option.:cool:

............. how much would the job be to be put up on another house same job ?. u willing to give some 1 that money by leaving it up if so give it to a fellow scaffold pm me for my pay pal ;), strip it lol or tell ehr your insurance dosent cover you for 2nd use of scaffold unless its signed for by both you and the contractor and thats going to cost

I allways try to be reasonable but then afterwards think what the f$#k happened there.
I need to start being a c@nt again it feels so much better.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Eh Marra it was in Chorley aswell you could call over tmoz for morale support lol

I allways try to be reasonable but then afterwards think what the f$#k happened there.
I need to start being a c@nt again it feels so much better.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Eh Marra it was in Chorley aswell you could call over tmoz for morale support lol

pm me ill come and strip it wid ya sat afternoon lol were u based marra

Top Bottom