sunglasses on scaffolders

Why is someone a cock if protecting there eyes?? If it's raining or ****** weather valid point. In gas and oil it's mandatory pal and most heavy industrial.sometimes it's **** take coz they steam up quite regularly.

Point taken about the shaded safety glasses, but my gripe is against those who wear their sunglasses on building sites purely for vanity, surely increasing their safety risk ..

Last edited:
its you im afraid g-scaff, ive always got the shades on even in winter as they dont steam up as much as the clear ones much safer

as for looking a cock with the saftey sunglasses on offer now you can either look like, the terminator, out of the matrix, or stevie wonder!!!!!!! so we all prob look like cocks id wish they would let me go full throtlle and whack on my ray bans and give it the don johnson ( miami vice ) look at least id have the perfect mix of being a flash cock and looking the bollox lol

now its trainer boots on site had the ground work ones the blue and yellow ones no midsole but the best ive ever had

For me its phone frogs, jimmy saville had a phone frog so did rolf harris....I believe gary glitter wore sunglasses :eek:

Ffs joe -thats done it now m8 ...i wear oakley 90% of the time & also got a phone frog for my S3

met a blind Scaffold Inspector once with a brown envelope tucked in his hipper :eek:

Shade are are the dogs...I got a react to light pair and a Proscription pair of shades...I got to say that the shades come in handy, even though Im working in Aberdeen ( The Grande Hotel ) OH ye, the topping out ceremony is Friday so that an offski asap...

I suppose Im just another cock in an Industry of cocks, however, a Scaffolders competitive nature will kick in and soon adopt the attitude of I'll be the biggest cock of all...£eck sake go for it :cool:

As someone who has gone through a lot of my life with one eye and who severely damaged the remaining one with a combination of boiling water and and Caustic Soda, i know a thing or two about eyes - how to lose them and how to protect them.
Nothing wrong with wearing dark glasses, except at night (i've come across many who do !), and in poorly lit buildings, but just make sure that the lenses are not actual glass and that they are shatterproof.
Proper dark safety glasses are made for the job and you can order specially made lenses from an optician to fit your designer frames, not cheap perhaps, but not as expensive as trying to source and fit a spare eye or two, trust me, i've tried :)

Very disappointing, over 2 days in and only managed a handful of bites :sick:

Would you wear sun cream if you where in hot sun ?
We'll you can get melanoma in your eyes so to wear UV protection is sensible on a site or ant time you are in bright sunshine , plus like bobby kwik form says you can look like the terminator ;)

Let`s face it anyone wearing safety sunglasses and it`s pissing down is a bit of a tit , they have their place and look cool in the sun but like the gym scaff who can dead lift half a tonne but struggles with three 8` tubes on the shoulder just sit in the cab and look cool :)

Is it me or anyone else just think "cock"

If the sun is in your eyes, you have two choices.
Look a, as you say c**k or skwint, due to sun glare.

Personally, I would rather look like a c**k then have the sun in my eyes all day, whilst trying to work.
But thats just me.

Top Bottom