going to be accidents

dico

Reaction score
we all no works picked up and rates are beter than theve been for years, but seems to me these firms and agenceys are quite happy to take part1 scaffolders on at rates up to £16.00 a hour just to fill these gaps were theres a shortage of scaffolders not saying all are unexsperienced as some have came throw the ranks but when you get a young lad turn up on sight with little or no experience there going to kill or hurt somebody exspecially when cisrs made the 10,000 ecitb scaffolders retrain were they wernt so called trained. the systems floored.

Sorry, you lost me after 'work's picked up and the rates are better than they've been for years'. ;)

its no wonder forum died a death!! if you think a part 1 should be banging out £16 a hour with no experience then let it be I was stating from my thread above that those that haven't come throw the ranks should not be able to start on a site just because the agent or employer needs men. its dangerous and goes against health and safety like I said there will be accidents or a death. hope it ante anybodys family that use this forum just cos the client wants to fill a space!! as for wages down south there £20 to £23 pound a hour which personally don't think this is bad we would like more but there beter than they were last year lets be honest were scaffolders not footballers but hee hoo your all entitled to your opinions shame forums dived with lack of interest!!

I agree, it is a problem but it stems from ignorance from employers about how the card system is supposed to work. If the part 1 in question is under the direct supervision of an experienced scaffolder then there shouldn't be a problem. If however, he is on standby because he is cheap, there could well be a problem.

There's plenty of quality scaffolders out there on a trainee ticket because they've not done their one day assessment or had the old, pre-CISRS qualification and had to pay again for the plastic wonder card.
There's also plenty supposed advanced or basic scaffolders that would be as well staying at home as they're doing another good man out of a job.

Well the £££ on offer is the best I've seen in scaffolding I've been in and out of it for 11 years but I'm sure older members will say the 70s were the best wages ( or so I've been told by numerous scaffs)

Now the London/ southern boys have noticed the massive increase in the rates I'm mean spring last year I was on £13 an hour ( trainee ticket ) and with the same ticket I've sorted out £21 per hour ( actually after chatting to you earlier kev you're my new good luck charm I'll be ringing you everyday now :) ) how have the rates been up north?

But then there are us part ones who make certain advanced and part twos look like labouters?? Tickets mean **** all end of

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Also it's only site work where you would get these. Again street wouldn't put up with it. Paid accordingly to ability and not ticket

Can I have a job £30 a day, does that include van.

Sorry u cant joe filled the position 4 weeks ago , however could do with u this weekend £££££s

Yep... The rates are improving up North, we just recently lost 2 Part 1's that we brought through from young lads. Both gone for apparently more money
(1st tempted by an agency 2nd Gone to a competitor on a supposed Self Employed basis) and the Part 1 qualification seemed to do it for them, however, typically short sighted, as the Part 1 now has a shelf life and I do not suppose for one minute these lads are going to get their required Part 2's paid for by their new employers are they now??!! More seriously, I would not at all class these lads as competent Scaffolders, so, as dico put it, It certainly is just a matter of time....

Last edited:
Hahah ark at it. Ball bags every where. And Chris can't do street work. He couldn't earn 30 a day on price. Can ya yorkballbaggage

Top Bottom