Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Employers NI deductions???

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Edinburgh / North Sea
    Thanked 36 Times in 24 Posts

    Default Employers NI deductions???

    Ok im currently working through one of these fooking shady agencys who then use another shady company to pay me and take a fee for the pleasure of it! However i have noticed they are deducting my NI contributions as they should but also employers NI as well which amounts to more than what mine are! Can they do this? Im contemplating jacking it just so they dont get anything i work hard to earn - vampires!

  2. #2
    southernpoofter's Avatar
    southernpoofter Guest


    Under normal circumstances no -in actual fact i thought the idea of these agencies were to avoid their NI liability for you by keeping you in self emplyed status( something of a grey area @ the mo under the new employment regs unless your under the banner of a company such as Hudsons who are excepted by hmrc) - if your still self employed then your only deduction should be 20% cis.-if however your under paye then firstly you shouldnt be paying any fees to get your wages buf you would be expected to pay class 2 NI which is 9% of your wage which is capped at a maximum of £69 your employer by law will contribute a further 10% which is uncapped (this is your employers liability not yours) if they are doing anything differnt from this then it sounds a bit suspect & i would threaten to report it to hmrc if they didnt refund
    perhaps one of the forum sponsors such as Better tax may be able to shed more light on it for you

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to southernpoofter For This Useful Post:

    BetterTAX (14th July 2014), Binthere (13th July 2014), Gerscaff (13th July 2014), jamieBhibby (12th July 2014)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Thanked 774 Times in 497 Posts


    If you are happy to leave this bunch I would take up the matter with HMRC just for the craic.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanked 743 Times in 478 Posts


    That most certainly does not sound correct! Either you're self-employed and sort your own NI out (at class 4 & 2) or you are employed (PAYE) and you AND your employer contribute. You should not be paying employer contributions.

    I would definitely query it with them, find out exactly what the deductions are and why. If you have any further problems it might be worth a chat with Citizens Advice and you could also tell them you will be asking HMRC about it.

    Good luck with getting it sorted.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BetterTAX For This Useful Post:

    jamieBhibby (14th July 2014)

  7. #5
    stleger's Avatar
    stleger Guest


    After speaking with a c**t of an MP , calling HMRC and being told that its my own fault for taking employment in this capacity , then being denied FOI requests about certain matters. Nowt can be done about this. Might be good paying 90 quid of tax out of 1300 but the tax rebate of thousands is gone forever. 20% tax , looking after your own NI and a rebate at end of year will/should always be the preferred option. Its not difficult to see why the tax man is letting the umbrellas operate. CU*TS
    Last edited by stleger; 5th September 2014 at 10:38 AM. Reason: homes under the hammer

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to stleger For This Useful Post:

    SWIFTY (5th September 2014)

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

New To Site? Need Help?