Gizza job!

OldFart

Reaction score
OK, here's the situation:

As I've stated in other posts, I've been out of the game for 5 years and am looking to get back into it. I've still got a valid advanced scaffolding card (I renewed it couple of years back when I was last going to get back into it but due to certain circumstances was unable to). I've run the odd job over the years so if anyone needs someone in a foreman capacity (doing all the paperwork etc) I'm your man.

The only downside is, being out for so long it will take a while for the body and brain to get back into gear. I'm a bit out of shape but a few weeks scaffolding should easily sort that out! So no point me going straight into street work, I wouldn't last a day... I'm looking more into site work, maybe something relatively easy like brickie lifts to get me back into the swing of things.

I'd prefer to work for a proper scaffolding company than an agency, but if it's a decent offer of continued work, I'll try an agency. Plus due to funds being short at the moment the nearer home the better for me, I'm based in Greenwich. Any offers please send me a message, I can start anytime from Monday. Cheers!

have you got an impact wrench old fart?? or still an rusty double ender you timers used in the black and white days??.....jus asking old son. i was born in greenwich!!! anyway! good luck pal. you got a Acard and thats gota stand up 4sumit.

Give sgb a call mate that's always been a retirement home for many an old fart you would be fine on there all jokes aside they sound ideal if you can stomach cup lock

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

And they actually have a job in Greenwich at the moment

fukin love cuppeeee!!!! see i started on that and done over 2yrs of it and loved it! so i no how to load it on wags and carry it AND how to base out a job with it.propley! nothing wrong with cuppeeee! tube and fit has been my thang for over 20yrs now but cuplok is the bees neez.

Give sgb a call mate that's always been a retirement home for many an old fart you would be fine on there all jokes aside they sound ideal if you can stomach cup lock

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

And they actually have a job in Greenwich at the moment
Cheers, I'll try giving them a ring. Not sure about "retirement home" as I may be old but I'm not ancient, though I guess being 50 is ancient to some of the young 'uns! :D

Just an idea, maybe you shouldn't call yourself old fart if you're sensitive to retirement home jokes.:nuts:

Just an idea, maybe you shouldn't call yourself old fart if you're sensitive to retirement home jokes.:nuts:
Old Fart was just a nickname my last girlfriend gave me as I'm quite a few years older than her... Some of the other names she had for me I won't repeat!

50!!!!!! Ur younger than my old man fuxsake he'd give me a right hander if he knew I was giving y shlt lol as for the nickname them South London girls are unique get a fight and a shag,

Yes rob I grew up with cuppeeeeee so not too bad myself with it if I don't say so myself

Im 46 and not been in the game that long started labouring last year got my part 1s done and flying to my part 2s love it still a good 20 years left in us yet old fart!!!!

Im 46 and not been in the game that long started labouring last year got my part 1s done and flying to my part 2s love it still a good 20 years left in us yet old fart!!!!

i love it!!!.....why not???.........im 20stone of stong man and im guna get gold in the high jump!!:laugh::nuts::embarrest:

Why not make ur way down to battersea power station m8 they screaming out for guys upwards of £160 a shift, i heard they need to man up another 50guys by the end of the month - with ur willywonker youll get a start & working with a large gang will give u a chance to get urself back in the swing -but take my advise, 1st payday ya get invest in a makita as it saves u so much work & a lot easier on ur body than a spanner.

Do big jobs like that let you use the impact wrench then SP?
I thought it was really just on the street you got away with it. I've still not seen anyone using one up here yet. I'm coming round to the idea of getting one tbh.

Why not make ur way down to battersea power station m8 they screaming out for guys upwards of £160 a shift, i heard they need to man up another 50guys by the end of the month
Isn't this a 10 hours a day 7 days a week job? I'd prefer an 8 hour day and maybe the odd Saturday morning. I'm now living on my own so not greedy for money, just enough to get me by. 10 hours work a day and the travelling to and from there I'd be too knackered to do anything else!

Do big jobs like that let you use the impact wrench then SP?
I thought it was really just on the street you got away with it. I've still not seen anyone using one up here yet. I'm coming round to the idea of getting one tbh.

Theres more people down here using them then not.

good luck old fart hope you find what you looking for pal. sounds like you would be an asset to a reputable company being time served and in the possession of a willy wonka golden ticket.

got a temp roof on a wendy house that needs inspecting if ya fancy it bud?? lol

good luck pal hope u find a start

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

you wer in the army pal?? i thought u woz a gangster in a east17 outfit!:nuts::

legendary banta!

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

YESS all hail the northern monkeys!! I'm from Heywood (rochdale) m8, was in the army my self for about 6 months ha ha

Oi craphat theres nothing wrong wiv drinking shandy but tbh i do prefer pimms

Top Bottom