what would you do? (1 Viewer)

paulscaff1

Reaction score
Obviously all scaffs have different levels of experience,.
Bearing that in mind , how do you answer this question?

When debating how to do a certain job, that involves a fairly high loading
Capacity, and no designated chargehand, is it worth it to disagree with the squad and walk away. Or just carry on working knowing it's done wrong?

Seems like a double edged sword as youl be f*cked either way.

If anything were to go wrong I.e collapse etc. What would happen and who would be made responsible?

Feels like you've got to forget everything you know when working with idiots.

If you think u know better & have more experiance then instead of walking away from it try and put ur input towards the job, if all still disagree then try & make a silk purse outta sows ear & add ur ideas into the job as its being erected -you'll be surprised that one you start erecting others will see the job & join in with ur idea (kinda chinese parliment type of thing) if all else fails & someone else is calling the shots through seniority or experiance then toe the line & do as ur asked, when u get back to the yard speak to ur supervisor & discuss the situation with him. Tbh it happens all the time with a gang that has no definate leading spanner where everyone knows better than the next guy but no-one wants to take responsibility.

Walk away then come back a night and undo all bolts then when it's collapsed walk in work head held high an say "told ya so":noworry:

only kidding sp got it spot on

The best leaders will always lead no matter who has the title
Knowledge will always shine through ;)

If its a high loading capacity then it would be a drawing job surely these days, and then there is only one thing to do, is build it to the drawing, if your going to be signing the tag then it is built to how you want it done and to the drawing. If they want to put up what they think is right and sign the tag, let there head be on a plate. when you get people like that, and they want it there way, I just take the spanners off and labour, then I have nothing to do with it.

Top Bottom