Pavement scaffolds in dolly's and beams!!??

frederik

Reaction score
Was talking to a few scaffs today erecting a shop front in berwick st london. I was saying thats the first time ide seen one plan braced. He was saying westminster csl want to have scaffs up without inside standards on the pavement. Any one hear this??

I have no clue what this is about either...

I''m assuming a beam acting as your inside ledger on a dolly tower each end so you have no inside standatds on the pavement. Your outside ones will be close to kerb as normal. It would give the public more room to walk underneath. More bull from westminister council.

Surely that would mean that every pavement scaffold would need designing as it's outside the scope of TG20:13 eGuide!?

Oh i see that has been standard practice in Westminister for as long as i can remember , in fact we have often bridged the out side dolly towers as well to give the public total access to the shops , spent manys a Sunday morning erecting them over the years .

lol,Sorry boys,rushed it and missed half out,:rolleyes:
Scaffs were putting up a shop front pavement lift,was plan braced,which I hadnt seen before be,so was chatting to the boys about the plan bracing,He then went on to say;beams may have to be put on and mid stds cut out . Like phil says its nothing new, makes cubmria's comment right,all shop fronts would need a design. Gotta laff at Teesides picture of that scaffold in london.

Anyway,scaffs came on
\Tues. based out got pavement lift in,plan braced, some form of kicker/short
lift in, (maybe prep for beams) decked out, hr's in then home.
Wed,put another 2 lifts up,offski,
Thurs, another 2 lifts in,top lift canterlevered in and round a bay window.
Fri. topped out unfinished top lift,bds hr.
Ledgers/HR's on all lifts were made up of a 10 and an 8.
Bds,10'and 8' 7 trannies under each board.. I kid you not. Trannies were doubled up at each end and middleof boards.
A beautiful looking job now finished,all in shiney new sk's,and brand new bds.

Thing is, we had the same job put up a few weeks before, scaffs arrived at 7am and off before 11. same day

How long does it normally take to get a pavement license Phil??
Passed your number on to client.

we used to have get there about 4.30 in the morning, base out the gantry, board it, then shoot off before the rush started, then you'd be back next morning to finish it off it needed. once that was the done the biys could work normal hours taking the job up, as joe public was protected by the double boards and the monoflex sandwich.

Top Bottom