Lone working

tomcat

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Does anyone know of any hard and fast rule/regulation about erecting/ dismantling scaffolding by yourself.. I am specifically referring to working on new-build housing sites (max 3 lifts)...I personally have worked on my own on such sites for quite some time but have now been told I should be working with at least one other person... Any comments/info would be welcome..

Best regards.

TC...

Personally I'd only do small alterations or hop ups on my own but us industrial, overall wearing scaffs don't know we're born....apparently.

Had this on a site a few years ago, I was on my own but the method statement said otherwise. I think the office sent over a revised one and we were good to go again.

Was working on a site in Wales 2 weeks ago. For dsl. Forman & his squad on 1 building advanced & labourer didn't turn out for mine. Forman just said to carry on with putting trannies in on the other building. Not once did anyone check on me all day or shout up for breaks. & im a part 1.

I used to work on my own for about 10years -lot easier to earn ur money & tbh you adopt differnt methods whilst working alone to make it easier but lets face it in this day & age of h&s overkill i wouldnt think anyones RAMS would allow it,maybe able to revise a set if all the risks were minimalised

Id say working on your own makes you a more productive scaffolder. When you work out what materials you need, you get it spot on. Many a time ive sorted my gear, got back on the lift and been missing a something important.

Have Done It Many A Time, It Breaks Every Health And Safety Law In The Book.

i had to do it many a time for a firm called Stupid Gay B*stads... jacked after a while of cors... i was also worried about gettin raped by a pack of eastern europe brick layers when working inside lift shafts on my own..

i had to do it many a time for a firm called Stupid Gay B*stads... jacked after a while of cors... i was also worried about gettin raped by a pack of eastern europe brick layers when working inside lift shafts on my own..

When I was on there the brickies used to call us Scaffolding Gay Boys lol

This should be covered in R.A.M.S.
I would ask myself how can someone working at height (if a fall occurs) be rescued effectively if they are working alone?

worked for a company called fitzroy offshore in nz and they didn't seem to care about working on me jack, bit pretty risky and production is compromised but i enjoyed it because i wasn't working with a bunch of twits who where nz advance but not even part 1`s in my eyes. my opinion its got its plus`s and negatives. all depends how much they paying i guess??

Thought it was Sh*t Getting Better

Sometimes it's easier to work on your own than having some clueless labourer who makes the job last even longer (I've had plenty of those over the years...!). OK, many jobs you do need extra men but for stuff like brickie lifts or building little towers...

Afternoon all,

Does anyone know of any hard and fast rule/regulation about erecting/ dismantling scaffolding by yourself.. I am specifically referring to working on new-build housing sites (max 3 lifts)...I personally have worked on my own on such sites for quite some time but have now been told I should be working with at least one other person... Any comments/info would be welcome..

Best regards.

TC...

No lone working ever your company needs it's arse kicked they are incompetent at best.

Top Bottom