Independent in the swimming pool (1 Viewer)

andrzejowy

Reaction score
y5evyzu7.jpg
azu9uty5.jpg
6uba2usa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely it would've been easier to drain the pool? The gear you're using doesn't look too clean so presumably, it'll be getting drained and refilled anyway?

Many moons ago if you drained a pool you used to need to erect a propping shore between the walls due to the concerns of ground pressure popping the walls.
Might of been tempted to put the brace couplers and braces on the bottom of the leg before dropping in the legs though :)

That was the case. They couldnt drain water cos of the pressure and possible tiles cracking.

why are they not wearing any PPE, (hard hat,boots,gloves&hi-vis)

What about life jackets and a stand by li-lo?

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Many moons ago if you drained a pool you used to need to erect a propping shore between the walls due to the concerns of ground pressure popping the walls.
Might of been tempted to put the brace couplers and braces on the bottom of the leg before dropping in the legs though :)

I had to do that on a pool job years ago Alan. I could never see the reasoning behind it as the RC should be strong enough to take any external as well as internal pressure. Surely it is an old wives tale?

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Maybe it would apply to fibre glass pools in ground?

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

cracker of a job thats the sort u need in the summer.bet the lads loved it.

Why? It is an indoor pool.

Spot on Fred, who would design a pool that cant be drained? might be relevant if pool was fibreglass,:wondering:

Spot on Fred, who would design a pool that cant be drained? might be relevant if pool was fibreglass,:wondering:

Well someone designed that foot bridge over the Thames that had to be redone so anything is possible.
I am currently building a 100,000 litre in ground rainwater collection tank that will eventually supply my pool. It is reinforced concrete using 16mm rebar. It is probably over designed as it is in solid limestone but better safe than sorry in an earthquake area.

Proof, as if we needed it that it is real water.:weird:

Depends how it was designed Fred. If the engineer considered that the pool would always be full, and used the internal pressure to offset the external, then there is a chance it could crack. This isn't always the best practice but it can reduce material costs and job time due to being able to use a thinner wall, less rebar etc.

There is always uplift to consider as well.

Better to be safe than skinted by pool repairs.:laugh:

you need to improve on your backstoke technique for next olympics.

How many of your lads had a sneaky p*ss in there? Be honest.

Top Bottom