Bexhill - STOLEN scaffold at back of "First friends Nursery" (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Last week - either bank holiday Monday, or Tuesday,
Scaffold was removed from "first friend nursery" on the Bexhill dual carriageway, next to the subway under path.
If you have any info, please contact 07974 264815. Can be anonymous if required.
Thanks in anticipation.

Hope you find out where your gear went mate. You may have more luck if you post in the main forum.

Last week - either bank holiday Monday, or Tuesday,
Scaffold was removed from "first friend nursery" on the Bexhill dual carriageway, next to the subway under path.
If you have any info, please contact 07974 264815. Can be anonymous if required.
Thanks in anticipation.

This theft game is becoming so rife im thinking of a clause in our quotes and contracts that ensures those who hire it in are clear of their duty to safeguard the equipment under their control has anyone got this clause written up???

This theft game is becoming so rife im thinking of a clause in our quotes and contracts that ensures those who hire it in are clear of their duty to safeguard the equipment under their control has anyone got this clause written up???

Clause in our hire contract :customer collects and returns any hire material to our yard and charged if any missing amounts when returned.

will post a copy for your reference asap

Last edited:
we have that in our ally towers but as we put the gear up as opposed to hire only I was just wondering if anyone had anything similar

Right, well from our Contract services side of the coin,we do not have the clause in our terms and conditions which is suprising really because of the amount of ali babas over here.

I Know but when we consider the amount of theft and the replacement cost it is something to address I am working on the terminology/phrasing at the moment as the scaffold we had stolen the other week is at just under £5000 I recon the contractors we supply are all ignorant as to how this kind of loss effects our business

Its a lot of money for a small business. If it is on a site then the main contractor should be providing fencing and security. On the street its fair game. Always has been and always will.

no this job hasnt paid then they had another firm strip it, then the contractor dumped it in some nearby carpark subsiquently its all all gone. as it was a designed scaff we have an accurate list of equipment used so the value is correct i posted about it last week the police have been but what do they care we know we wont see it again and zero effort will go into recovery just like Hatsonplease unless we get really lucky:sad:

I always put a clause in stating that the MC will be responsible for loss or damage to our equipment while on hire.
We haven't had any problems charging for missing kit.

3ebe7yjy.jpg

This must be same thing

Karl learn how to spell thief

Carl Lynn is a little goofy mug!....he went on a mad one sending emails and calling police claiming he had been robbed....it's all a lie, that bloke got his van and all his gear back.

He did indeed hes been up my yard buying , nice lad think theres a bit of a grudge with em employer

Top Bottom