The Book, Contract Scaffolding: Estimating Strategy (1 Viewer)

Rickyt28

Reaction score
Greetings from Sydney, Australia!

So I've been scaffolding here in Australia for a while now and have been thinking long and hard about setting up my own business.

I really, really want to read the book, Contract Scaffolding: Estimating Strategy by Robert E. Bartlett, but I can not find it for sale ANYWHERE!

It is a little old now (1999) but I'm sure someone must have it somewhere in this world?!

If anyone has it and is willing to part with it or knows anywhere I can buy it, I would be most grateful!

I have tried all the usual places, amazon, eBay, book depository, etc, etc. But I'm in Australia and I wondered if someone in the UK might have more luck finding it in stock in an online book shop perhaps?

Cheers in advance :D

Rik

join the club ricky
i have been trying to buy the very same book for years.
i can only presume the guy who wrote it was accosted and the original was burnt;)

Bloody hard to find isn't it mate!

I think the author, Robert Bartlett, was the contracts manager for GKN and SGB

For Ricky and happy it is out of print. Amazon say there is limited availability.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Contract-Scaffolding-Estimating-Robert-Bartlett/dp/0952540606]Contract Scaffolding: Estimating Strategy: Robert E. Bartlett: 9780952540601: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Bloody hard to find isn't it mate!

I think the author, Robert Bartlett, was the contracts manager for GKN and SGB

I have been looking for a book called "Fly Fishing" by JR Hartley for years.

Hiya rik. Just had a quick search for you. It went through a search of 150 million books but to no avail. Sorry bud. But good luck with your search for the holy grail.

Yeah I did that search too! It does exist lol, I just don't know where.. Hmmmm

**** you not, I think I have a copy in the yard!! Will have a look Monday, I've never read it and don't plan to!!!

Awesome! Fingers crossed you have it.. Please let me know if you do and name your price :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already tried that ;)

I haven't had a reply and I doubt I will receive one..

No reason to lie to you Ricky. And nothing particularly unusual about the e-mail address. It worked for me.

ricky WHY? would you doubt anyone on the scaffolders forum NO PIIISS TAKERS ON HERE or if there are ive just not came across any of them.
what harm will it do to send a wee e-mail if it bounces back then billy has had you if not youve got the book.;)

the buty of a book is when your done with it you can pass it on (guess who):eek:

I emailed the gentleman today and he got back to me within 2 hrs
To confirm he is updating the book and will be publishing the update when completed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob is still about and writing an update-I spoke to him a couple of weeks back. Try him on this e-mail

info@robertbartlett.plus.com

My apologies Billybones! When I first read your post the email address had 2 '@' signs in it! You must have edited it and corrected it?

Anyway, sure enough, I received a reply from Rob Bartlett confirming that he is currently writing a second edition to shorten and simplify the original and that it should be available in the coming weeks as soon as he has finished writing it.

He has said he will let me know when it is finished and published for me to purchase. Result!

Thanks for your help fellow scaffies :big smile:

I'm sure that book could come in handy for a lot of us. Here is a link to Robert Bartletts website. He is a scaffolding consultant so some of you may also find his services useful.
Insite Publications Scaffolding Consultants

Last edited:
I have the book - **** that reads double dutch to me but this guy knows profit margins , a book full of graphs and no pictures

Actually got 2

Top Bottom