fake scaffolders (1 Viewer)

Peach

Reaction score
Hi lads have you ever had the experience where u ask a scaff to do a dodgy job eg hanger or cantilever and they've shown they're advanced card and you know for a fact they've been doing it half a tomatoe season.then when they refuse your classed as a no good "a hole"

Hi lads have you ever had the experience where u ask a scaff to do a dodgy job eg hanger or cantilever and they've shown they're advanced card and you know for a fact they've been doing it half a tomatoe season.then when they refuse your classed as a no good "a hole"

What do you mean by "dodgy job"? Hangers and cantilevers are bread and butter to us experienced men.
I have had men be honest and say they would rather pass the gear on hangers but only in Wales.:eek:

No never in my experiance;) -i thought everyone with a ticket knew wot they were doing.otherwise surely the colledge/training centre wouldnt pass em....would they??:blink::suspicious:

Last edited:
Have your totally right to us it's nothing unusual but to them it's dodgy.too many card not enough good scaffs

been saying this all along you don't need experience to get a ticket all you need is a spare grand they dish em out like free sweets iam now approaching my 30th year in the trade and seen this trade go from dam good men money in for dinner to men with more tools on their belt than a snap on tool van as inside it seen men forget their tool belts knowing full well there on a cant dropper phone in sick or any excuse you can name just to back heel the job .
and I remember the days when slack jawed faggots were sacked and black listed now your a hero by sneaking in the office grassing every tom **** an harry up for petty things peachy jobs been hijacked by lazy feks

Have never heard of anybody failing a course tho ! Wot a joke

Have never heard of anybody failing a course tho ! Wot a joke

Yes... a mongle on my part 2 course failed it, years back this was... failed the questions.. he was a total mongle though

been saying this all along you don't need experience to get a ticket all you need is a spare grand they dish em out like free sweets iam now approaching my 30th year in the trade and seen this trade go from dam good men money in for dinner to men with more tools on their belt than a snap on tool van as inside it seen men forget their tool belts knowing full well there on a cant dropper phone in sick or any excuse you can name just to back heel the job .
and I remember the days when slack jawed faggots were sacked and black listed now your a hero by sneaking in the office grassing every tom **** an harry up for petty things peachy jobs been hijacked by lazy feks

SUCH ATRUE STATMENT STEEL!! UNFORTUNATLY MONEY GETS TICKETS WETHER YOU CAN SCAFFOLD OR NOT ITS BEEN ABLE TO GET LIKE THIS!! UNFORTUNATLY THE TRAINNERS THAT TRAIN THE CANDIDATES WONT FAIL ANYBODY AS IT MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE THEVE NOT DONE THERE JOB RIGHT ITS A ATTENDANCE COURSE ONLY AND TOO MUCH MONEY INVOLVED FOOKING DISCRACE THAT ITS COME TO THIS :mad:

i agree with the sentiments pf peach and steel as regards the imposters and lay abouts that polkute our trade.
I have no issues with guys that do not have experience of the more interesting aspect of the Game as long as they dont do the "bad back" sketch to get out of the jobs,if they declare they havent got the experience but will go out on the job i will keep them right and help them on.
I WASNT BORN WITH A SET OF SPANNERS(GOT THEM FOR MY 5TH BIRTHDAY:eek:)THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE.
as for training centres dishing out cards THEY ARE THERE TO TEACH YOU BUT YOU CANT DO A HANGER INSIDE WITH PERFECT CONDITIONS AND EXPECT TO GO AND HANG OFF A BRIDGE ALL BY YOUR OWN.IT IS OUR DUTY TO BRING THE GUYS ON AS WE WERE BROUGHT ON.
SKIVERS AND MALINGERERS SHOULD BE CHASED ;)

Yes i agree i will always help the in exsperience guys with tickets but no it all and cockee guys with no idear can do one!! Nothing worse than no it alls with the tickets exspecially advanced the ones that feather there nests on other peoples back and dont have a clue good statement thou happy!!

had it offshore for years but a cracker i remember who used to be a supervisor for SGB before coming offshore.Whenever we would be shown the job by the gaffer pointing to a flange out in the middle of nowhere,with nothing below till the sea.As we all discussed our ideas "get a dropper off there","pick it up there"etc oor man would say I,LL GO AND GET THE LASHINGS (WHICH WE DONT NEED FOR DAYS YET) BY THE TIME HE GETS BACK WE HAVE CALLED THE STANDBY BOAT AND AND OVER THE SIDE
WAANKER:mad:

Iv been on jobs at 16 and 40 year old so called scaffs can't do simple work.lets get rid off this rubbish and maybe our trade will be as it should be"and you suggest there's loyalty in scaffolding"30 years ago there was .I rest my case.

---------- Post added 19th April 2014 at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 18th April 2014 at 11:40 PM ----------

Most of the tutors in these training read out of books and let's face it ,our trade was taught when there wasn't training books ffs.iv worked with instructors ( because the monies crap)and they are appallingly bad.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Most of the tutors in these training read out of books and let's face it ,our trade was taught when there wasn't training books ffs.iv worked with instructors ( because the monies crap)and they are appallingly bad.

t aint all about Hangers , i have met plenty that cant do a house front with a bay window or portico.

your only jealous of the Cockney scaffs 400KV , because all you northeners have to wear orange boiler suits and rigger boots before your allowed on the tools :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pml @ phil:D:D:D

but those bay windowz can be trickie if u dont know how to do a leaner cant they phil

Top Bottom