fake scaffolders (1 Viewer)

The grafters are few and far between now, the lads I'm working with are either on there phones or complaining about wages, I wouldn't mind but they don't even earn what they're getting paid at the minute, they can't read drawings and constantly look at me to tell em what to do yet I'm on the same money as em... P!ss's me RIGHT OFF

with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..com on you bhoys in green..

About 11 years back 06 I think had a load of travelling scaffs (agency) on a site in Cambridge anyway 3 Geordie's who where industrial scaffs power station to power station came on waiting for next shut down all advanced supposedly, only one had half a clue I mean half,but anyway they got talking and offered the lads fake gold cards for £150 each pukka ones,so anyways bloke running job thought mmmhhh their cards had the same number but last digit, rang bircham and low and behold never heard of them not even a pt1,and apprantly they'd been using them a few years and probably still are somewhere. Shame it was before all the social media and forums like now because they would of been named and shamed .....for all to see

What do you mean by "dodgy job"? Hangers and cantilevers are bread and butter to us experienced men.
I have had men be honest and say they would rather pass the gear on hangers but only in Wales.:eek:

not only Wales , i remember P from SPT being the same lol

funny how every “real” scaff is on this one 3 year old thread😂lads nobody cares anymore we are all just numbers so lets collect the money and move on to the next job for a skive yee ha

I have failed 3 on a part 1 course 2 on a part 2 course in the last 12 months. That just me doing my job for the learners and the industry.

I know of a centre where they have failed atleast 3 in the past couple of months

About 11 years back 06 I think had a load of travelling scaffs (agency) on a site in Cambridge anyway 3 Geordie's who where industrial scaffs power station to power station came on waiting for next shut down all advanced supposedly, only one had half a clue I mean half,but anyway they got talking and offered the lads fake gold cards for £150 each pukka ones,so anyways bloke running job thought mmmhhh their cards had the same number but last digit, rang bircham and low and behold never heard of them not even a pt1,and apprantly they'd been using them a few years and probably still are somewhere. Shame it was before all the social media and forums like now because they would of been named and shamed .....for all to see

That sounds familiar, I had three Georgie agency staff working with me years ago dismantling temp roofs in Aldershot on the barracks, they all had their gold cards and talked a good scaffold, but they were down right dangerous and clueless to say the least, one of them whilst dismantling a base lift removed all the ledger braces and all the outside standards and wonder why it fecking fell down.

I have been offshore for 30 years now, and worked on the street before that. I have seen brilliant scaffs with no tickets, and ***** scaffs with advanced. We all know the card does not make the scaffolder, experience does. When I did my courses at Hillington, there was very little taught that mirrored the way we work offshore. This needs to be addressed. I had a young offshore scaff ask me to help with his advanced portfolio last week. He needed proof of erecting a raking shore. Hard to find that on an oil platform!!!!!!

Ony ADVANCED scaffolders can be taken seriously. FACT

Scaffold repair UK..Hi all we are a mobile scaffold straightening company covering the UK if you have any bent give me a call or log number for future use good rates with 30y esp Simon 07860469297

Top Bottom