p60 (2 Viewers)

longun

Reaction score
My total for year is correct, however the THIS EMPLOYMENT box is a fraction of my annual earnings and it says this is what I put in for my tax return. I am on PAYE and they reset the YEAR TO DATE on Jan the 1st which seems odd to me. I have done my return based on my total for the year not the THIS EMPLOYMENT box, surely this is correct?

Ad far as I know, you have to fill in a tax return up to 3 yrs after finishing self employment. Could be wrong but were told this by my accountant.

I've been PAYE for 16 years apart from last year when I went CIS FOR 9 months, have always done a tax return and got refund.
Anything it costs you to do your job, ie Oyster card to get to work, petrol for your car, abslolutely anything it costs you, you can claim back, and if you've never claimed it back you can claim back for the last 6 years

Haha, calm down mm,some of us on here r still self employed dinasors lol.

leeds been sitting at the wrong table for far too long, you got mafia connections now lol,shouldnt be too long now mate.,

He's already shown what he's about in his 1st week
£25m for the club, £1.1m tax bill, £18m for Elland road & Thorpe arch training ground back from the council.
He means business alright, if he gets us up hell get his money back and a whole lot more overnight.

Tbh, wondered why its taken so long for a serious investor to come along, Leeds such a massive club in virtual limbo. mm to advise the new boss on tax matters.:amuse:

MM is quite right. You don't have to do a tax return if you are PAYE but if you incur any work related expenses that you don't get fully reimbursed for, you can offset it against your tax by doing a self-assessment tax return.

Once you do this, watch your tax code because HMRC will think your expenses are the same every year and change your code accordingly - you can ask them to change it back to basic (if applicable) which is 1000L for this coming year.

You can only go back 4 years, not 6. I think that got changed at some point.

Once you register for self-assessment, HMRC will invite you to do a tax return every year.

If you no longer qualify for self-assessment then you should tell the tax office so that you can be de-registered.

Lots of people don't bother telling and then don't file the return either because they had no expenses and think it doesn't matter. However, if the tax office is expecting a return, even if you need to file a zero return, do it, or face fines.

Top Bottom