Self assessment same day payout??? (1 Viewer)

Bobbysupascaff

Reaction score
Rights lads my mate who does my tax return online is doing mine tmrw night I was wondering if anyone who does there own on the Hmrc login page if there is a way to get a same day payout??? Mine last year took between 3-5 days but would be handy for the weekend cheers all

Not that I know of bob, there is a company that I use that offer this service but they're effectively buying your rebate from you. They pay you from their own kitty on the strength of the computation of your return. Bit of a con really but if you're in a bit of a jam it can be handy. I'll pm you their details if you want.

nice one pete if u wouldnt mind cheers, my mate will do it for me tmrw but could take onwards of a week but dosent need recipts etc he only needs the amount earned and tax would urs be the same???

Sounds a bit iffy Bob. How can he know what to claim for without reciepts etc. It could bite you in the arse later.

I know what ur saying Russ it's in moderation I'm not claiming the world but decent ;) he done last years for me with no probs

And what's worse is he may not claim everything you're entitled to get back.

It's his mate an accountant I believe so I was well happy last year I used a very well known company for the previous year and only got 200!!!!!!

nice one pete if u wouldnt mind cheers, my mate will do it for me tmrw but could take onwards of a week but dosent need recipts etc he only needs the amount earned and tax would urs be the same???

Sent you a PM mate.

Not trying to tout for your business, bobbysupascaff, but you and your mate and his accountant are treading a very thin line.

HMRC have a year from submission to come back on you. Just because it's alright now, doesn't mean they won't pick your file up randomly, and look further into it.

They have really tightened up on PAYE tax claims and want evidence. As Swifty says, without receipts etc how can you know you are getting as much as you should be... or worse too much and you'll get bitten.

Companies that pay out immediately as stonedrose1 says usually charge a premium for the privilege, as much as 35% and there is no way that this amount can be accurate, so is probably just overpaid tax based on your P60.

Bobby, you did use us in the past but have moved on, and that's fine. Just be careful is all. If we are the company you refer to, maybe you were only eligible for £200... our returns are accurate and correct, not guestimates that are over inflated to get you or us in trouble with HMRC.

'Nuff said.

Not trying to tout for your business, bobbysupascaff, but you and your mate and his accountant are treading a very thin line.

HMRC have a year from submission to come back on you. Just because it's alright now, doesn't mean they won't pick your file up randomly, and look further into it.

They have really tightened up on PAYE tax claims and want evidence. As Swifty says, without receipts etc how can you know you are getting as much as you should be... or worse too much and you'll get bitten.

Companies that pay out immediately as stonedrose1 says usually charge a premium for the privilege, as much as 35% and there is no way that this amount can be accurate, so is probably just overpaid tax based on your P60.

Bobby, you did use us in the past but have moved on, and that's fine. Just be careful is all. If we are the company you refer to, maybe you were only eligible for £200... our returns are accurate and correct, not guestimates that are over inflated to get you or us in trouble with HMRC.

'Nuff said.

Go girl!!!!!! Fux sake yes I have used u before and was happy with service as it was done last minute dot com, now I claimed roughly the same the following year and got £2300 more............ So wasn't having ago I liked that Steve warren and Eddie they were good blokes but £££ talkies............. Nuff said

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Did you use that mob then or is your mate doing it?

No Peter my mate called soon after and done it there and then thanks for the heads up tho fella

You're just pulling figures from the air, Bobby.

There is no way that you claimed "roughly" the same and got £2300 more than the claim you did with us. Our fees might be scoffed at on here but that would mean we charged you £2100!!!

I am not upset about any of this - you read my "nuff said" incorrectly. I just wasn't going to say any more about it.

I gave you what I consider best advice - i.e. watch your tax claims done by your mate and / or his accountant.

However, when you grossly exaggerate figures I will have to speak up. There's only one way you could have got that much more back (fees aside). You know it and I know it.

Woh there bettertax.....we have all got mates who have been shall we say stung by your rates so tread nicely ;)

We are and always have been completely transparent with our fees. No one has been stung because when signing up with us they would be totally aware of the charges.

I am treading nicely, why do you think I'm not? I'm just saying that there is no way the returns Bobby claims to have made could be "roughly" the same - the difference is too much.

Moreover I am just warning people to be very careful about the expenses they claim for, that's all.

Fuel, if travelling to different jobs in your own vehicle.

Top Bottom