nasc emplying spys (1 Viewer)

marra watson

Reaction score
there is a company that work alongside the nasc . training and saftey and risk company that has been taking picture of scaffolders in the north west and then going to there offices demanding to see the scaffolders cards. and reporting them. to who am not to sure. i presume it to the nasc as this has been happening to a couple of firms the one in question was/is a nasc firm.. what is this all this about any 1 any ideas drumming up bussiness not having trainees on the scaffgold unless completed part1 etc

Some companies pay good money for a service like that marra. Better a private company finding faults than the hse with their charges. You would need to know the full picture before you could say too much.

M c..rk, si.... r..k, by any chance, simon hughes had a massive hand in nasc tg and hes a partof that training outfit

One big grassing con to make money, taking pics of blokes you have trained incorrectly and then going out and stitching them up on a guidance document thats fundamentally flawed and built towards your business needs passed off as safety....

.fuk off you yellow spineless tw@ts :mad:

M c..rk, si.... r..k, by any chance, simon hughes had a massive hand in nasc tg and hes a partof that training outfit

One big grassing con to make money, taking pics of blokes you have trained incorrectly and then going out and stitching them up on a guidance document thats fundamentally flawed and built towards your business needs passed off as safety....

.fuk off you yellow spineless tw@ts :mad:

nail on the head how did you guess lol dont know what the score is weather they are jsut going ofr the nasc firms but they have hadd a pillage around preston and bamber bridge not 100% on how many companies and for what reason you herd of this happening then joebag?

Apparently nasc can employ other organisations to do spot checks ob their members to make sure their working to the regs set.
however i do think this is very cuuntish, yes we pay in as members and yes we should work to the regs....but for fuuck sake......let us do our job in peace.

Dealt with that prik before, tell him and his cronies to fuk right off, this dikhead wants no lapping boards on corners of scaffolds and takes pics himself and passes em off as hse , hes a grassing rat who had a sh1t rep on stanlow when he attempted the tools....scaremongering idiot who will get a cracked jaw if he grasses anyone I know up, a horrible human being !

What would the NASC have to gain by employing a company to spy on individuals?
A training provider's responsibility ends at the end of the training course in much the same way as that of a driving instructor. The person who taught you how to drive correctly enough to pass the test can not be held responsible for any infringements by his pupil later on.
I don't know any of the people involved but I have grave concerns about so called "safety professionals" seeing unsafe acts and taking photos for later use whether on site or elsewhere. If these professionals have a genuine interest in the well being of workers then they should immediately stop the unsafe acts and impart their vast knowledge of safe working practices to those who may have a lesser knowledge.
Two of the great slogans that have sprung up in the wake of the health and safety gravy train are "be seen to intervene" and " don't walk by". They should follow them!

It does all seem very strange.

Surely an accredited NASC training provider, to deliver the CISRS training, has a conflict of interest.

I think if a scaffolding company is able to join the NASC and part of that requirement is to adhere to the regulations, if they are not working to those regulations and are in fact, not working safely, then it is a job for the HSE.

It would also call in to question the authenticity of the NASC's own approved training centres.

If all NASC scaffolding companies have properly trained CISRS trainees or advanced trained scaffolders, why are the correct working practices not being worked to?

If anything, this type of checking up makes a mockery of the CISRS training being delivered and the rules agreed to by NASC scaffolding companies.

Any checks should be made by independents, an equivalent of OFCOM.

However, maybe NASC has concerns over the standards some training centres are working to and the one alluded to here (who are very "in" with NASC) are making sure that high training standards are maintained across all centres? (But as stated, once trained bad habits inevitably slip in - although as an NASC member, the company should be doing its' own checks on standards!)

Phew that was a bit long winded!

Worth reading 1984 author Gerge Orwell book written in 1948 - some chilling Predictions Title should be renamed 2014.

Maybe if these scaffold companies employed decent blokes who were properly trained and had the relevant qualifications and for a decent wage they wouldn't need to get grassed up.

If you see somebody in your industry doing something blatantly wrong and dangerous you're as much to blame if there's an accident and you didn't do anything to prevent it.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with us boys. We do have a wall of shame on Facebook where people as us to put up photos of their competitors. Our answer is tag them to our site and it will provide your name.

Nothing to do with us boys. We do have a wall of shame on Facebook where people as us to put up photos of their competitors. Our answer is tag them to our site and it will provide your name.

it was your name that was mentioned and that the lads on the scaffold. were very exprienced lads 10 to 20 years in the job no tickets and working with lads with tickets they were on the scaffold without a trainee card or so i have been told , a high ranking member of the scaffold company then came on to site and asked all the lads who had tickets and a few of them said you know we havent any tickets to which he reply we need to get this sorted quick we have had simain in the yard with photos not saying it true am not saying its not i herd a rumor lol

Worth reading 1984 author Gerge Orwell book written in 1948 - some chilling Predictions Title should be renamed 2014.

I heard a cracking quiz question about that the other week. Without the use of Google it was George Orwell wrote the book 1984 at a rented cottage on Jura, what did the local postie know him as? :eek:

it was your name that was mentioned and that the lads on the scaffold. were very exprienced lads 10 to 20 years in the job no tickets and working with lads with tickets they were on the scaffold without a trainee card or so i have been told , a high ranking member of the scaffold company then came on to site and asked all the lads who had tickets and a few of them said you know we havent any tickets to which he reply we need to get this sorted quick we have had simain in the yard with photos not saying it true am not saying its not i herd a rumor lol

Nowt to do with us, in fact tell me the site and company and I'll follow it up with them

I can name two instructors in the past 4 years that told me to my and the other lads on the courses that this is the practice that they partook in.....one of them left as he felt safety issues were not being addressed over money grabbing.....

also what about skill solutions who hand the funding over to you constantly being bullied and harrassed by your office for funds even when lads have jacked the course without turning up yet you still want the money put through....

hows tie rack workin out for you not the cake walk it is here is it :D

Joebag yawn again or is it ballbag. Grow a backbone and come out the closet and we make take you seriously.

Top Bottom