High yield tube. 3.2. (1 Viewer)

Tony Mason

Reaction score
Good evening chaps, I would like your opinions on the high yield tube with a wall thickness of 3.2mm. As its sold as scaffold tube it must comply with said regs that we work to. Its nice and light thats for sure, but it seems to bend alot easier. Thanks Tony.

There is a bit of guidance in the new tg20 that covers this. There has been one or two threads about it as well. I know very little about it but as far as I can see, as long as it's covered by the right en number then there isn't a problem.

I haven't seen the new tg.20, I have however done a fair bit of research and learnt that any scaffold built in in must be supported by a design, similar to alloy.

Apologies if I'm wrong.

Regards

Skyhook

There's a couple of different types so you will need to check but you don't need a design any longer as long as it comes under the correct en number. I will check the book to see if I can quote the right standard.

Everyday is a school day !

Can you use it with Easyfix/ready lock transomes ?

Regards

Skyhook

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Everyday is a school day !

Can you use it with Easyfix/ready lock transomes ?

Regards

Skyhook

Mmm, I think so. Again I would need to check but as far as I understood it, you could treat it the same as ordinary steel once you ascertained the right class.

It doesn't go through the straightener very well I'm led to believe.

We(Lyndon's) do in fact use it, and use ready lock transoms with it, a long feels like a 16, much much better, our drawings are no different because we use it.

Thanks for your info guys. I admit its good to use and as you say the big out fits use it. May be its the future!!

All to do with cash and definitely don't mix it.

Handled a few of these tubes for the first time today. The difference in weight makes life so much easier.

Used high yield a few times and wow what a difference! Pump them all day! Same weight as a 16!

;)the forum still gives out good info and experience despite what some say.;)
Good little thread, decent comments lads.

Whats the scrap value:rolleyes:

3.2mm tube is brill. As all ready been mentioned its light yes it bends a little easier. But if it complies to the reg bs en 10210-1 grade s355. As long as these tubes are manufactured to this standard then they can be used to erect scaffolding in accordance to the new tg20:13 regs.

Top Bottom