and it's a good night from him. (1 Viewer)

aom

Reaction score
Too many reasons to mention, but it will come as no surprise to some that I have decided to shut the gates at my wee operation on the 30th of April. The boys have been looked after as far as possible and I think the majority of my customers have been informed. I might try and get my handicap down to single figures before trying to find a berth as an instructor. Onwards and upwards. ;)

Best of luck aom, always said your a good egg and hopefully your affiliation to the dark side will come to an end....young lads would benefit a great deal from your wisdom and also good to see all gingers arent angry bitter bstards ;)

It's always a shame to see a company close but good luck with the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the other ronnie had passed when I read the title. All the best with your future ventures.

Sorry to hear this aom, heads up mate one door closes another one opens and all that. Have you ever thought about going into the training game :D Hope your lads get sorted for work as well mate.

All The Best For The Future Alistair, Sorry To See You Close Your Business , Take Care.

Thanks boys, but not so much of the commiserations. The business is going strong and there is work aplenty. It's just not for me anymore and if I don't take positive action now, I would end up doing it for the rest of my life. Just time for a new chapter.

All the best in your new venture al, sorry to here your hanging the spanners up. Good luck with everything.

all the best ally with the new venture
i will miss your posts on some of intricate jobs in some wild and remote locations
the quality scaffolding in argyle and the isles will no doubt drop;)

Whats the plan aom, think I will be looking for a new one, or at least resitting my IEMA. Got a suspicion I failed , it was harder than the NEBOSH :sick:

The plan is to maybe take a month to run the firm down to nothing, then hopefully a week or so to myself to do not very much, then with a bit of luck embark on this instructing path. Not sure exactly what form that will take right now, but I am looking forward to a new challenge.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

all the best ally with the new venture
i will miss your posts on some of intricate jobs in some wild and remote locations
the quality scaffolding in argyle and the isles will no doubt drop;)

Thanks happy, I shouldn't think that the quality will drop too much, there's a couple of well trained men starting a new concern. ;)

Very best wishes, aom! I am sure you will make a brilliant instructor and its not like you are leaving the profession or the forum - hopefully you will still be posting and passing on even more information. Teaching can be a real eye opener!

Thanks boys, but not so much of the commiserations. The business is going strong and there is work aplenty. It's just not for me anymore and if I don't take positive action now, I would end up doing it for the rest of my life. Just time for a new chapter.
Fair play, who wants all the hassle if don't have to have it. I'd sell up and do something less stressful if the opportunity arose. PS You'll have even more time on the forum now mate.

Top Bottom