TG 20 - Early impressions? (1 Viewer)

IDH

Reaction score
Now that it has been out a couple of days what are the early impressions on design content?

I've heard there is possibly some erroneuous / misleading content but that might be down to new methods / models - what is everybody else finding?

Birdcage bracing stated at every 3 bays now instead of every 5.

Also the generic roof saddle doesn't work inline with the British standard for allowable roof loads.

That's all I got from the hour I looked at it for.

On the plus... Readylocks.

Not really in the design section but bad practice - they have shown all of the ladder beams connected on the "horn ends". We've spent years educating scaffolders that this is bad practice then CADS come along and change it!
The design section contains a lot of detail, mainly on how they have calculated independents. There is nothing I've seen so far that will change the way I design anything.

A lot of people changing stuff we have been doing for years without telling us why all of a sudden the old way is bad just ppl making money out of our industry and off our backs whole thing is a scam

Now that it has been out a couple of days what are the early impressions on design content?

I've heard there is possibly some erroneuous / misleading content but that might be down to new methods / models - what is everybody else finding?

I suppose you are looking more for a designers input here but I think it looks a lot better than the 08 anyway. There are a few anomalies and annoyances like the loading bay width, and why we can't just attach another using the information provided. If loading was the issue the depth of the load is restricted by the up and over gate and only loaded towards the front anyway. I'm not sure if I'm reading it right or not but have they removed the excessive testing criteria for nylon ties? I suppose you could go on forever and the document had to be published eventually, but why is it so difficult to provide generic guidance on cantilevered beams?

On the whole, a vast improvement which should restrict our visits to designers a fair bit.

Top Bottom