Trad

cliffyboy

Reaction score
I hear trad got lot of work on...anyone no what they like to work for?

There has been a few threads on here about them mate. Go to the search threads and type in trad. Good luck and welcome

Last resort, and I mean I'd rather clean toilets than with for them again.

Heard a lot of boys going back think they have put the money up

I see an ad saying good rates of pay for a farringdon job. I'd never grace them. Ever,

I had an Agency call me last week ref a surveyors position with them. I will tell you what I told him and that is 'they are hard taskmasters' - if you work for them you must expect to be earning high rates, unfortunatly this offer was far from well paid.

Now you have found the keyboard welcome to the forum Cliff.

Last edited:
They used to be a good company in the 90's ,what went wrong ?

Management i would have thought danger i worked for Trads a few times in the 80s and always earned good money and never got knocked , mind you it was all price work then.

It still is I think Phil.

I think it's a good firm if you can scaffold, and not so good if you can't.

Which pretty much explains why so many 'scaffolders' have a problem with them.

Trads where always a street firm back in 80s when if you could knock up 16-20 square a day 2 handed you earned top money , i did see lads come on there expecting to have 3 tea breaks a day put up 4 square each and moan they had been knocked because they had been on a job for 9 hours and expected a days pay.

I worked on the same job as them (Not for them) in Victoria dock on the new Novatel in 1998-99, they had some decent lads, they also had some proper tosse£s who couldn't get up speed if they fell off the scaffold. On the whole though I thought they were a decent outfit which was why I was surprised to read the slagging off they got on this thread. Haven't worked in London now for 10 years so no doubt its all changed.

Phil wots 16-20 square in footage pal never herd that way before

It used to be 10ft x 10 ft one square or 20ft x 1 lift @ 6ft depending on who you were and who you worked for. That's all probably changed now too

Layher bashing bunch... when I was out of work they were not even on the list of companies to call... sh*t firm

Top Bottom