Trad

I would never work for them, only 3 tea breaks a day jokers !!

It still is I think Phil.

I think it's a good firm if you can scaffold, and not so good if you can't.

Which pretty much explains why so many 'scaffolders' have a problem with them.

I think you mean why so many people with little CISRS cards in their pockets have a problem with scaffolding companies and scaffolding in general

Trads where always a street firm back in 80s when if you could knock up 16-20 square a day 2 handed you earned top money , i did see lads come on there expecting to have 3 tea breaks a day put up 4 square each and moan they had been knocked because they had been on a job for 9 hours and expected a days pay.

you say 4 square each,I only expect 5 square minimum per man per day to cover their money,any more is a bonus and is payed as such.

Worked for Trad 20 years back so info well out of date

Went there as a squad and stayed a couple of years.All price work on achievable targets, money paid weekly with no more than usual rows :sad2:
Main drawback was they could not keep you going with deliveries of kit had many a row getting "waiting time".

Like most big companies it was the quality of the supervisor and contracts manager that made the difference, Oh and how much a day you could erect.

Do you not find though, if your halfway decent and do a good days work the supervisors and contract managers want you on their patch as they can rely on you to make them look good. That way you get looked after.

If you're a nightmare, don't turn up, clear off early, bodge the job up you get the cr*p jobs with the worst money on them.

When I was a manager I was amazed how many brilliant scaffolders would report about how their last company was rubbish and treated them like sh*t and how they were knocked for this and that. Then I would see someone I knew from their old company and get the other side of the story.

I'm not saying this is the case here, but when you're a scaff you just worry about being a scaff, when you're a manager you have to worry about scaffs being scaffs, the clients, the public and just about everybody else. Sometimes you just want an easy life with people who do as they're told when you tell them, in return you look after them.

Don't
Don't work for them,bad payers,unless you are are friends with Mr smith who owns the company,give GKR a ring,best company I have worked for in 28 years by far.

Top Bottom