Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another TG20:13 Thread

Thanks

Default Another TG20:13 Thread

Does the introduction of TG20:13 mean that a part 2 scaffolder is now ok to erect beam work without being under full supervision of an advanced scaffolder?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,871 Times in 4,178 Posts

Tg20 has never had anything to do with what individual card holders could or couldn't do. Part 2 boys have always been able to do beam work as it's part of the part 2 course as is hangers.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aom For This Useful Post:

bigfish (28th February 2014), happyhugenoet (1st March 2014)

Thanks

You're right to a degree aom. When I did my part two in 1992 you did hangers, but I think that stopped in 1996. Now its done on the advanced course, you don't do wire slung scaffolds on the advanced anymore though. You're right though you always did do beam work on the part two
    I'd Rather have a bottle in front of me , than a frontal labotomy !

Consultant Scaffolding Manager AG&P Philippines
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,986 Times in 3,747 Posts

They don't do cradles or a bosun's chair on the advanced anymore do they?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,919 Posts

They dont at ncc midlands fred, allthou it would be good to have a go at one.
    Den armstrong.

If you dont value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents. Value what you know and charge for it...

Consultant Scaffolding Manager AG&P Philippines
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,986 Times in 3,747 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scaffy 1980 View Post
    They dont at ncc midlands fred, allthou it would be good to have a go at one.
    Not to mention useful if you get a fracking job and the scikdoon is away for a service

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Havespannerwilltravel For This Useful Post:

dangeruss (28th February 2014), scaffy 1980 (28th February 2014), SWIFTY (28th February 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aom View Post
    Tg20 has never had anything to do with what individual card holders could or couldn't do. Part 2 boys have always been able to do beam work as it's part of the part 2 course as is hangers.
    Thanks, I thought that you had to be an advanced scaffolder to read the drawing, which would mean that an advanced had to be on site?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scaffcon View Post
    Thanks, I thought that you had to be an advanced scaffolder to read the drawing, which would mean that an advanced had to be on site?
    This is straight from the HSE website

[B]All those erecting scaffolding should be competent (or in the case of trainees, supervised by a competent person) for the type of scaffolding work they are undertaking and should have received appropriate training relevant to the type and form of scaffolding they are working on.

As a minimum, every scaffold gang should contain a qualified scaffolder for the type and complexity of the scaffold to be erected. This may be an individual who has received training under an industry recognised training scheme e.g. The Construction Industry Scaffolders Registration Scheme (CISRS) and has been awarded the Scaffolder card or someone who has received training under a recognised manufacturer or supplier scheme, to the limit of the configurations involved.[/B]

If you look at your part two certificate it should have a list of things you were trained to do on your course. When you completed your portfolio this would have been signed off to that effect.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Havespannerwilltravel View Post
    Not to mention useful if you get a fracking job and the scikdoon is away for a service
    I still cant believe none of us knew what a scikdoon was ! God we're thick, we just haven't lived have we. I almost want to be trapped in a mine now just to see one in action.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Havespannerwilltravel View Post
    They don't do cradles or a bosun's chair on the advanced anymore do they?
    They used to do Boswains chairs etc on the old Cecol courses as part of the Steeple jack element on the course I think. Couple of lads I knew did it.
    I'd Rather have a bottle in front of me , than a frontal labotomy !

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dangeruss For This Useful Post:

scaffcon (28th February 2014)

Thanks

On my part 2 last year i did a gantry with beams and a bridge with beams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,560 Posts

wire slung scaffolds, cradles or a bosun's chair's

old school advanced
    Sense of humour and thick skin is essential in this game

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast