Another TG20:13 Thread (1 Viewer)

scaffcon

Reaction score
Does the introduction of TG20:13 mean that a part 2 scaffolder is now ok to erect beam work without being under full supervision of an advanced scaffolder?

Tg20 has never had anything to do with what individual card holders could or couldn't do. Part 2 boys have always been able to do beam work as it's part of the part 2 course as is hangers.

You're right to a degree aom. When I did my part two in 1992 you did hangers, but I think that stopped in 1996. Now its done on the advanced course, you don't do wire slung scaffolds on the advanced anymore though. You're right though you always did do beam work on the part two

Tg20 has never had anything to do with what individual card holders could or couldn't do. Part 2 boys have always been able to do beam work as it's part of the part 2 course as is hangers.

Thanks, I thought that you had to be an advanced scaffolder to read the drawing, which would mean that an advanced had to be on site?

Thanks, I thought that you had to be an advanced scaffolder to read the drawing, which would mean that an advanced had to be on site?
This is straight from the HSE website

[B]All those erecting scaffolding should be competent (or in the case of trainees, supervised by a competent person) for the type of scaffolding work they are undertaking and should have received appropriate training relevant to the type and form of scaffolding they are working on.

As a minimum, every scaffold gang should contain a qualified scaffolder for the type and complexity of the scaffold to be erected. This may be an individual who has received training under an industry recognised training scheme e.g. The Construction Industry Scaffolders Registration Scheme (CISRS) and has been awarded the Scaffolder card or someone who has received training under a recognised manufacturer or supplier scheme, to the limit of the configurations involved.[/B]

If you look at your part two certificate it should have a list of things you were trained to do on your course. When you completed your portfolio this would have been signed off to that effect.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Not to mention useful if you get a fracking job and the scikdoon is away for a service
I still cant believe none of us knew what a scikdoon was ! God we're thick, we just haven't lived have we. I almost want to be trapped in a mine now just to see one in action.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

They don't do cradles or a bosun's chair on the advanced anymore do they?
They used to do Boswains chairs etc on the old Cecol courses as part of the Steeple jack element on the course I think. Couple of lads I knew did it.

On my part 2 last year i did a gantry with beams and a bridge with beams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cradle is a platform that is suspended and can be raised or lowered by wires and a bosuns chair is basically a harness you sit in that you are suspended in and you get raised or lowered by wires. (I'm **** at explaining stuff lol)

Window cleaners usually absail off buildings with a bosuns chair don't they?

They use to years ago,canterlever a wooden pole out with a bag of sand on the other end. Saw 2 cleaners absailing a building in oxford street this week. Didnt look comfy work at all.

Top Bottom