tg20:13 beams ?

dangeruss

Reaction score
Lads is there any movement regarding scaffolds with beams needing a design in tg20:13 i.e. does a simple bride used in a chimney stack still need a design ?

Mmm, not sure about a chimney stack, they do give a couple of examples of configurations for chimneys but none using a beam for a throw in. The straight forward bridging jobs are not a problem but you do need to know what beam you are using.

I'll try and get a look later but I'm thinking you may well be onto plums with this one.

Cheers AOM I'm presuming you mean you don't need a design for a straight forward bridging job anymore ?

There are a couple of proviso's like what type of beam you are using and only a single beam, they describe it as 2 bay and 3 bay. I reckon that's where the eguide will come into it's own, as long as you are using compliant material, it works out how many lifts you can support before you need another beam and if you need double standards or not. The only small disappointment is that you can't cantilever a beam from 2 independents to form a corner if you know what I mean. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Top Bottom