Tg 20 14

Thats the way i suppose......im ordering the audio version so i dont have to listen to the missus going on....o hold on listening to nasc going on or the wife....er feck it the missus wins....lol lol

I'm absolutely gutted , as a small company we pride ourselves with our h&s track record & service having been fully complient with tg20 & sg4 & have a good client base of loyal customers & developers - all of whom insist on following the guidlines of the nasc but dont require us to become members. & so far i cant see the justification in becoming a member we are already affiliated to both chas & safe contractor pip shcemes & iso 9001.
I ordered my copy of the new tg20 at a cost of over £1200 that being a shock in itself but then to get charged p&p on top of that was even harder to swallow.
a call to nasc was useless with the young girl saying i had to order the whole thing even though i didnt want the desighn suite.when i asked why i couldnt order the pocket guides to go with it i was told i could only buy them once i'd ordered thw full suite, i asked how individual scaffolders could stay complient with rhe new regs if they couldnt buy the pocket guides for £6 each & was told its not the nasc's job to cater to individual scaffolders but to the industry as a whole....:mad: its this fvckin attitude that makes my blood boil , the hse have indorced the nasc but not asked how the fvck individuals are gonna gain the information.sk anyway once ive got my copy i can then order them of course plus p& p .....& people try & say theyre there to benifit the industry.I SAY THEYRE THERE TO LINE THEIR POCKETS

nice debate with good banter. should we be expecting to recieve our hand books shortly as a scaffolder in a nasc company lol true what souther says thow about keeping the scaffolders on a personal basis up to date maby not the nacs job like they sya there catering for the companie that pay in but surley its the cisrs that should be keeping the scaffolders up to date after all we hve to do the touch screen test maby a refresher every 5 years is beter than 1,200

I Know smart scaffolder have put a lot of input into this. Is their cads proggramme to be updated with all these changes as an automatic update ??

To every scaff out there you cant comply to something you cant afford and the refusal to give the 6 pound pocket guides out unless you spend 1200 is proof of that in itself

....think that will cover you in court so happy days ;)

Compliance? Pah!
Never bothered the last time and true to form as the adage goes, if you stick with a fashion long enough, it will come back into fashion again. So the NASC have proven here.

Last edited:
I Know smart scaffolder have put a lot of input into this. Is their cads proggramme to be updated with all these changes as an automatic update ??
It was updated about a month ago to version v 5.21 so expect another soon

I was thinking that the smart scaff was pretty much obsolete now. The model will work on some system jobs but they will all just be looking for compliance sheets now.

Thing is al. I,m being forced to buy the desighn package as part of the full suite-but it states on the website that this part is for engineers & desighners within the industry & tbh to be charged £250 for something i'll never use or be qualified to do so is a bit of a ball ache & sucks of a forced monopoly.
the eguide presentation looks gucci but nothing i dont allready prepare in a differnt format to show the job is complient

Thing is though, how would you know it's compliant without all the bells and whistles? I've been a bit busy lately but the guidance looks a bit more complicated than some are suggesting despite the pretty pictures, and if you want to know the facts the design guide is crucial in my eyes.

Nobody will want to hear this, but this represents a major investment from a number of sources and will need to stand on it's own 2 feet.

Will work the way I have always have!!

Do not need to spend my hard earned money on something I already know!!

The only time this will effect me if something falls down, not happened in 30 years & will not happen in the next 10!!

I follow the CITB blue book that is the basis of the TG's & more. The rest is for designers & that is what they are paid for!!

Do not know what all the fuss is about?

Ragscaff
:confused:

Mmm, not sure about that one. Seems even some designers are getting their eyes opened.

Never heard it mentioned but the compliance sheets are a good basis for your RAMS and tool box talks before the job goes up.

I'm no computer geek but I assumed you just plug in an external drive and load it from there.

I was just going to put mine on the office computer, there seems to be an easy function to uninstall the key and reload it on to another device as many times as you like.

The demo shows it been used on a ipad is there an app for it, or how do you load the disc on?

I would imagine you'd a have a login that could be accessed through google,thats the only way I can think of using it on the ipad without an app.
regards
cocoa

I was thinking that the smart scaff was pretty much obsolete now. The model will work on some system jobs but they will all just be looking for compliance sheets now.

I wouldn't have thought so Al, the TG 20 reports on is do the same job as a compliance sheet already, just a matter of an upgrade I would think

I wouldn't have thought so Al, the TG 20 reports on is do the same job as a compliance sheet already, just a matter of an upgrade I would think

Alright kev,you interested in a few timber frame jobs mate,at tywyn nr Aberystwyth?

Alright kev,you interested in a few timber frame jobs mate,at tywyn nr Aberystwyth?

Sorry Steve, I've already turned them away a couple of months back. I've got twenty men working six or seven days as it is, can't ask any more of them I'm affraid.

Top Bottom