what software??

rickymackintosh

Reaction score
Hi all,

just a bit of advice, 4months left on HND brilliant! So time to think about trying to practice drawing etc.

Just trying to find out what's a decent software on the market at the minute which is commonly used??

I've scene MecCAD which has a PON CAD application for scaffolding is this any good?

am only going to download free trial but if I could down load something relevant that would be a start.

Thanks in advance!

You wont go wrong with good 'ol AutoCAD. 3D is very nice but unless you're an experienced modeler, that knows the software inside out, you'll be lucky to get the time on a project to generate the drawing.

Well done on the HND, by the way.

Thanks Nick,

Just looking at options only been using 2D but in five years time everything with be simulated & 3D I imagine.

Thanks HND is hard with family but am acing it at the moment so hopefully be worth it in the long run.

3D is nice; I muck around with Revit but I'm nowhere near proficient enough with it to produce a drawing and run the calcs, all within the usual time frame.

Give that PON CAD a go and let us know how it handles.

Ya I see that PON CAD looks good, ive just been told that revit supported by BIM is the way forward but if I down load that and enjoy it haha am not sure I could afford it unless they cut me a deal.

Nick you played about with Scia?

Not tried scaia; not really looked at it to be honest. I haven't found Revit to that user friendly in regards to engineering drawings, Solidworks is better in that department in my opinion. I can see why Architects love it though.

If anybody asked for a Revit scaffold drawing, I'd probably faint in shock. Might be different in the oil and gas sector though.

AutoCAD is the way to go. I run a hooky copy at home that has never given me any problems. It would be fine for practising.

Found in all good torrent supermarkets.

Any of you Used AutoDesk Robot? It looks good but I'd like to know what it's like to live with; how steep a learning curve is it to get your head round the program and so forth.

Top Bottom