cheap foreign scaffolding (1 Viewer)

Barbados is rubbish, get yourself to Mauritius the Maldives or if you must go to the Caribbean at least go to Turks and Cacaos you peasant. What are you thinking ?

Mmm,phils right here,the free polish training centres will push the wages down to minimum rate and in the process double bosses wages so they can grace turks and cacoas more often with their presense;)

Best start changing all our signage and paperwork into polish now,it'll be cheaper than an interperator:idea:

The only way to solve this is if a foreigner starts at your place make sure he knows he's not welcome there and force the c*nt out

In fairness lads what's moaning gonna solve????

Funny today worked with one that had a rant about us pulling out of Europe could u imagine the wars through out the uk and especially London trying to send em back :(

Will have to keep them Bob, all the scots will be going home after the vote.

Did an induction this morning 3 English lads and 9 polish plus 1 interpreter took nearly 2 hours coz every think had to get repeated takes the **** lol

Did an induction this morning 3 English lads and 9 polish plus 1 interpreter took nearly 2 hours coz every think had to get repeated takes the **** lol

Who's checking that the interpreter is correctly translating to them them??????????

Barbados is rubbish, get yourself to Mauritius the Maldives or if you must go to the Caribbean at least go to Turks and Cacaos you peasant. What are you thinking ?

Or even Turks and Caicos. I have a bank account there. I try and keep some things British although they do have the US $ as currency there.

i have been advised that cheap foreign scaffolding (chinese) have been failing at a certain busy scottish oilfabrication yard.This started with kid on kwikstage and has now manifested in kid on cuplok omega battons snapping.
i know that some american drilling companies will not buy chinese or indian goods due to the lack of QA.
NASC has now produced a list of approved system scaffolds so if you are an independant buying what you think is good quality gear are you compliant etc etc;)

I'm lost, is the issue with the timber batten like you mention? And if so surely it's irrelevant if the system is uk or foreign manufactured. Surely the issue is with the timber and the quality of supply. If so, you need to ask numerous questions relating to this incident, such as the age and quality of the timber, the application in which the batten has failed, was it overloaded?

scaffold sales there have been 2 battens snap which were delivered brand new last 2 weeks ago_One was when a scaffolder was erecting so NO IT WASNT OVERLOADED as material was being roped up as and when required due to Risk assesments regarding dropped objects etc
there are ledgers with the ends welded at a diiferent angle.
there have also been 8ft kwikstage boardbearers/transoms were the wedge conector has came off totally at the weld.i can get a photo of that one.cuplok which doesnt lock?
you are involved in the import or at least have better knowledge than myself
WHAT IF ANY QUALITY ASSURANCE COMES WITH THE GEAR FROM CHINA AND INDIA,and if and when it fails is there any come back ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom