cheap foreign scaffolding

happyhugenoet

Reaction score
i have been advised that cheap foreign scaffolding (chinese) have been failing at a certain busy scottish oilfabrication yard.This started with kid on kwikstage and has now manifested in kid on cuplok omega battons snapping.
i know that some american drilling companies will not buy chinese or indian goods due to the lack of QA.
NASC has now produced a list of approved system scaffolds so if you are an independant buying what you think is good quality gear are you compliant etc etc;)

It doesnt stop at system happy, we've invested heavily in tube lock ( vantheil ). Weve ordered it from themselves in holland and yet its getting manufactured in india. Hence its turning up bent because when they do the crimping of the fittings on the ends off the tube it slightly bends the tube, but there supposed to put it straight through a straightner but its not happening, were in a big battle with them now over compensation in providing defective materials.

I was running a job for Century a few years back,they sent out a load of cheap rubbish clips out that didn't fit the tube properly,you had to bash them like crazy to get the bolt in,I sent the lot back to the yard with a message saying it's me or the clips,never sent anymore out,everyone should just refuse to work with all that cheap garbage,the job is hard enough without dumping that on us.

used some cheap indian cuplok in saudi and had to check just about every cup.
IF YOUR COMPANY USE ANY OF THE CRAP AND IT GOES TITS UP IS THE COMPANY LIABLE AS IT IS UP TO YOU TO CHECK THE QUALITY OF THE GOODS YOU ARE USING.i dont fancy anyones chances of getting money out of the chinese or the indians;)

I Hired Kwikstage From Kwikform (Going Back A Bit Here) And Every Head Was Welded At A Different Angle, They Were Just Starting To Bring It In From China Then, It Was Crap, I Sent The Lot Back To The Yard Along With A Bill For Our Time Lost .

bare this in mind as well doing a large block of flats in Cleethorpes all the self tapping anchor ties did not even make the pull test.
On 90% of the pull tests the head on the bolt was shearing off and on further investigations we found out the bolts was manufactured in china and were as cheap as chips buying in large quantities.
You never have this problem when you buy British steel manufactured materials never mind the kite mark bring back the good old days when it was branded with a British bulldog and did exactly what it said on the side of the tin.scc

I've just heard that the CISRS are opening 3 training centres in Poland and that the NASC are paying for people to be trained there for free.

I shouldn't let that worry 181 every foreign man and his dog comes to this country and gets training for free oh and a grant for a car priority over waiting lists on council houses pots pans child benefits when the kids are not even here and the list is endless and all sponsored by our great government who gladly dips into to the revenues of our hard earnt tax that they gracefully take off us every week .scc

Wouldnt Surprise Me Phil, Bear In Mind The Nasc Are A Bosses Organisation And They Will Safeguard There Own And There Members Interest, Which Includes Driving Down Wages And Conditions That Have Been Fought For And Won Over The Years, In Any Other Industry Any Organisation Such As The Nasc Is Called A Cartel (Which Is What It Is Basically)

Wouldnt Surprise Me Phil, Bear In Mind The Nasc Are A Bosses Organisation And They Will Safeguard There Own And There Members Interest, Which Includes Driving Down Wages And Conditions That Have Been Fought For And Won Over The Years, In Any Other Industry Any Organisation Such As The Nasc Is Called A Cartel (Which Is What It Is Basically)

Driving down wages can only be a good thing for the industry, though.

Let's not forget that it's the bosses who pay the wages and without them we would have nothing.

How can driving down the wages be a good thing phil.? Were fighting to get wages back to what they were pre-recession?

Last edited:
Fuel and energy prices getting higher, general living expences increasing. So why would you want to pay the lads less. How bout you take a pay cut in your salery phil, you'll soon start whining when you cant afford a nice night out in your local wine dispensery.

Well Done Phil, Poking A Hornets Nest With A Stick Comes To Mind Here

This is too easy! I will be in Barbados by closing time tonight, so I look forward to reading the backlash over a cold Banks, tomorrow.

Top Bottom