Ladder register ? (1 Viewer)

Pokerface

Reaction score
Working on site today the safety man asks to see our company ladder register
Can anyone advise if this is a requirement
PS We only have steel ladders

All ladders, scaff steps and hop up podiums should have a inspection tag on them poker. Certinley on all jobs we do there required.

yup, every ladder on our job's are tagged and they are filled in every week, then put into a register!

I got a load of these micro tags from a much missed forum member a while back. After speaking to my insurance company, they only required identifying individual ladders and recording inspections on exell.

Contractors are another kettle of fish altogether and can specify any requirement that they like. If they want a register just give them one, it needn't be that difficult.

We inspect them every week al. As you say its not hard you do scaff tags every week so an extra tag is nothing.

It's not a lot but when you couple it to the tags, handover, harness register, truck inspection, van service, method statement, risk assessment and worst of all tool box talks it does start to wear a man down after a while.

No wonder you stress out over deck widths.....lol lol.
I can see your point pal, we have two guys do all those inspections.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

The answer my friend is 18 holes of golf and then sup a few in the 19th afterwards.

Any time den, best courses in Scotland round here. Maybe bring a couple of mates and we can make a challenge of it.

Nice, it will be a fookin miracle. :laugh:

Nah, just like to set the scene. We could maybe get an auld enemy match going. That would be a laugh.

I hate it when someone interupts during a conversation about something thats gots feck all to do with the ladder register thread....lol

Check HSE website it will tell you ladders must be identified & a recorded inspection at maximum intervals of 6 months

Top Bottom