Ladder register ?

Working on site today the safety man asks to see our company ladder register
Can anyone advise if this is a requirement
PS We only have steel ladders
Depends on the contract ,a ladder is classed as part of the scaffold so is inspected prior to use and then every seven days

If its a class 1 ladder ( heavy duty) you only have to inspect it prior to first use, before use each working day and every seven days thereafter if it is part of the scaffold structure . Inspections should be carried out as per the manufacturers instructions , a separate ladder inspection record is not required sg25:10 Tell him do one the two day wonder.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

If its a class 1 ladder ( heavy duty) you only have to inspect it prior to first use, before use each working day and every seven days thereafter if it is part of the scaffold structure . Inspections should be carried out as per the manufacturers instructions , a separate ladder inspection record is not required sg25:10 Tell him do one the two day wonder.

What is the point of this?

Why not have a fitting register, ladder gate register or a tube register?

A ladder makes up just one component out of, usually dozens, of different components in a scaffold.

If the scaffold is properly certificated, then the ladder will be inspected along with all of the other components.

Even the most stringent of contractors accept that argument against a stand-alone ladder register.

The contractor might but my insurance company certainly don't.

Maybe, I just find it simpler to fill out a simple list, no biggy really.

The contractor might but my insurance company certainly don't.
Might want to tell your insurance company to rewrite sg25:10 then aom, and maybe have a chat with the HSE who endorse the NASC who write it, while they're there . If they're still not happy maybe you should change insurers.

What would you do if your insurer told you to stick your head in the oven?

Is everyone on their dabs tonight? To be honest, half my life is spent appeasing some organisation or other doing even more pointless exercises than a ladder register. Insurance companies are like contractors, scramble for the high moral ground. We get audited biannually and to be honest it's simple to get through it as it's less stringent than the nasc one but they struggle to find something to write in the improvement column, and that was the best they could come up with about 5 years ago now.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

What would you do if your insurer told you to stick your head in the oven?

Boot them square in the betty swallocks.

Is everyone on their dabs tonight? To be honest, half my life is spent appeasing some organisation or other doing even more pointless exercises than a ladder register. Insurance companies are like contractors, scramble for the high moral ground. We get audited biannually and to be honest it's simple to get through it as it's less stringent than the nasc one but they struggle to find something to write in the improvement column, and that was the best they could come up with about 5 years ago now.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Boot them square in the betty swallocks.
Not having a pop mate, just seems like a load of work for nothing when there is clear guidance out there already.

I know you weren't. Insurance companies are much like contractors and it's their ball and if wee guys like me want to play we pretty much just do what we are told.

Top Bottom