scaffold design training

method

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am looking for some advice with regards to scaffold design training. I am an advanced scaffolder with over 20 years experience and I am also approaching my final year of an open university BEng.

I am currently working as a project engineer but I, naturally, have an interest in scaffold design so I would like to know if there is any training in how best to apply TG:20 and which is the best cad program etc.

Any advice would be fully appreciated guys thanks.:cool:

Hi Method

working backwards, most designers use 2D AutoCAD. TG20:13 when it finally appears will give you quite a lot of assistance in analyzing scaffold frames.

I am afraid there isnt a scaffold design course, well saying that you could try Alwyn Richards, he does all-sorts of training these days.

Your best bet is to find someone to work with, and i'm sorry I dont know any free lance designers in your part of the world, but try Red Viking on the forum hes a good lad from that part of the world who will know anyone worth knowing.

congratulations on the degree by the way its not easy studying and working you are to be commended.

Top Bottom