these guy are taking the p1ss

marra watson

Reaction score
Last edited:
Don't panic marra, it will never catch on. Why would you insist on tethering a wee fitting but leave the paddys lose?

Hopefully these bits will snap off easily, we'll get them all bagged up and weigh them in for a Christmas bonus.

What a great idea!
I think thats just the most amazing thing I've seen this year

What a great new fitting!

I mean r they fu(king stupid! It's not new (or improved for that matter) just a fancy washer

What a complete and utter load of tosh. I mean who puts fittings on and leaves them loose, at the very least you nip them tight. By the time you've teathered it you've done it up.
The guys a fecking dunder heed

Best of all you take it out of the sack/ bucket untethered so there's still a risk!
If the risk is still there then the item is ineffective therefore redundant

It's not out for any other reason other than out of necessity lads.

These guys did the shard, so are experts in high-rise works. Most top contractors are specifying tethered fittings on their high rise, high risk jobs now.

We have a tower block being dismantled at the moment. The clients director has specified that all tubes are tethered as we dismantle!

Without wanting to sound patronising, most people are in a different market, so will not be affected. But it is happening rapidly on top level, high rise, or high risk works.

Fair enough Phil but what are the tubes tethered to?

Oh right, I thought for a minute you were serious.

That's the way our games going first teathered spanners now fitting all this to get the job but down to us if it all goes wrong can't win

It's not out for any other reason other than out of necessity lads.

These guys did the shard, so are experts in high-rise works. Most top contractors are specifying tethered fittings on their high rise, high risk jobs now.

We have a tower block being dismantled at the moment. The clients director has specified that all tubes are tethered as we dismantle!

Without wanting to sound patronising, most people are in a different market, so will not be affected. But it is happening rapidly on top level, high rise, or high risk works.

maybe if he didn't employ a load of eastern europeans on cheap wages, he might not have to tether his fittings. Truth be known, the old hanging men and tower block gangs have been forced out the game now by petty health and safety rules and endless ******** like tethered fittings and yellow cards for not wearing your glasses. They have been replaced by foreigners and kids who are given their tickets by shady fookin training companies, funded by central government, who only seem to have to prove they can count to five on each hand to prove competancy.

Sometimes you have to put your faith in the skill, knowledge and experience of the bloke whose doing the job!

He's got a crane to sling every tube to...

Nah, but every time I hear these daft stories, I think about the poor guy in Holland who got a bit confused about which tube he was clipped to and which to bomb. He chose the wrong one and bombed the one that he was clipped to and died.

It would almost funny if it wasn't so tragic.

No, he was a jock, might have been France it was a while back now. Maybe happy or one of the other boys can tidy up the story but you get the gist.

Oh right, I thought for a minute you were serious.

No mate, 100% serious.

The guys moaning are the guys it is least likely to affect.

Move with the times or get left behind, lads.

Top Bottom