men sacked due to tg2008

joebag

Reaction score
Now that nasc have finally decided to get designer input for tg2013 I was wondering how many blokes have been binned from jobs for only putting four trannies to a board, not putting ledgers a third or less into a bay etc etc !!!!!!!

I think you might be surprised Joe when you finally see it.

Chaps,

It's much easier to use than 08. If a scaffold complies with 08 then it will comply with 13.

There's many more standard scenarios. Double bay and single bay bridge, birdcages, sway across single bay etc.

The only real issue is that it's too easy to understand - so will be hard to tell fibs to customers re. compliance.

It is at the printers now, only late because nobody at the HSE would commit to endorsing it.

It is also available in electronic copy and as an app.

Last edited:
You can now brace it anyway you like but the single bay one lift is back as an option without having to install plans.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Alister as a member have you got ur copy yet

Nothing official yet sp, it's supposed to start going out this month though.

Me too, just ahead of our time really. ;)

Either that..or we just couldnt be arssed following a bunch of jumped up tits from nasc thinking they know everything about everything and yet their going back on everything they've been preaching.
Who's the brains......office boys or grafting scaffs that at least know hiw to do a job.

They tell me that the best brace is 2 bays 1 lift which to me looks horrendous. Single bay properly spaced for me.

They tell me that the best brace is 2 bays 1 lift which to me looks horrendous. Single bay properly spaced for me.
I thought the shallowest angle for any brace was no less than 35 degrees, you cant achieve that with a 2.0m high lift over 4.0 m between two bays that's only 22.5 degrees unless my maths is rubbish ?

Each to there own i think over 2 bays every 5th bay was the norm when i started out.

Like anything depends on what company you start off at.

I thought the shallowest angle for any brace was no less than 35 degrees, you cant achieve that with a 2.0m high lift over 4.0 m between two bays that's only 22.5 degrees unless my maths is rubbish ?

I don't doubt your maths for a second but it was Alan Reid who explained to me the different strengths of differing brace patterns. I think it was during the discussion on the biggest stair in the whole wide world. :laugh:

I think I may have seen a youtube post of that biggest staircase in the whole wide world.

Could you send me the link, I must have missed it.

Our whole industry is full of intrigue and contradiction, one person says one thing, someone else says something else. Ever thought we are making it more tricky than it needs to be ? ever seen a loading bay ( like everybody used to build )with three front standards 5 trannies 13 ft long collapse with a pallet of bricks on it, cus I haven't in 28 years. Now its all beams and trannies at every 500mm and 700m2 sole boards. Its all got too clever and qualifications are the key thing regardless if the person with them has a clue!

Top Bottom