Lubrication (1 Viewer)

Bigtone

Reaction score
Before all the lube jokes start I'm not looking to lube up some poor labourers ring
Recently started my own firm a few months ago things are going better than expected problem is lubing up fittings has become quite time consuming if been using a brush and engine oil and winding them up and down.
I know many firms throw all the fittings in a bath and use scaffeze which I personally think is a load of ****.
In the old days my guv used to use hydraulic fluid that was just messy. Also a couple I know used a oil and diesel mix.
What are the preferred methods some of the firms/owners on here use

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As you load your wagon bigtone, give your fittings a spray of scaffeze and as you use them your servicing them. And do the opposite when striking, it will save you time and money in the long run as you havn't got pay some fecker to service them for ya.

Scaffezze is complete rubbish m8 as it evaporates too quickly.
arden chemicals or lubetec sell a product called cliplube (£52 for a 25lt drum) & in my opinin one of the best value products on the market. Put it in a pump gun &spray the fittings in the stillage or on the back of the wagon ..job done.
if you ever get some really bad rusty ones put them into soak in a plastic tube of water with a 20%mix of caustic soda that cleans em up- flush them with clean water from a hose & then leave to soak overnite in cliplube hey presto new fittings

Cliplube is what we use Den , like you and SP say when we strike and put fittings on lorry they get sprayed , then overnight it soaks in and by the morning they are in a first class condition and ready for use .

Cliplube Is A Good Product, Thats What We Use, We Use It On The Ringbolts And Gb Ties As Well.

Read my post details are on it. No it doesnt evaporate its a form of liquud wd40

simple solution 50% scaffeeze mixed with 50% red diesel the red strips the shyte off and helps the scaffeeze not to evaporate to quickly give it ago nothing to lose you wont be disappointed

Top Bottom