The 25 years and over thread (1 Viewer)

beat that by 10 years DD but iam no dinosaur well not yet and when I first started in Sheffield in 79 for nj gleesons as a scaffs goafer I remember shawaddywaddy being in the top 10 my car was an allegro 4 litre.

No muppets should be the over 70 years old thread then mate ;)

beat that by 10 years DD but iam no dinosaur well not yet and when I first started in Sheffield in 79 for nj gleesons as a scaffs goafer I remember shawaddywaddy being in the top 10 my car was an allegro 4 litre.

Didn't realise ur 80 mate ur a true legend sccb:laugh:

hello am 25 in 3 months .... i think mite be 24 1989 i forget. but i have an advanced labs cards and expried trainee card and i know some 1 who did drive a the wagon at 25 that any good to you ?

Scary... Been scaffolding for 27 years and I'm only 42......started as a 15 year old straight from school. Finished school on a Wednesday had a day off on Thursday started working for a company called Anglesey scaffolding on the Friday,and very fortunately never been out of work a single day since.

Just worked it out been doing if 15 years and i still no **** all. And never been out of work i might open up a tea room i must b good at that.

Think I might just qualify,40+ years scaffolding.Glad I did it when I did.you had to graft in those days but we had a great laugh.I used to love going to work,alright some jobs where shiitte but you knew exactly what you where earning.Breakie in the cafe in the morning,couple of pints at dinner,great times.Loads of bottle,plenty of adrenaline,no poncy harness's or hard hats.Walking the steel,going down drops,climbing up the sway braces best training you can get.Today's scaffs will have no bottle,always hooked on or in scissor lifts,no physical Strengh ,every thing craned or lifted up,no back bone,not many been on a strike.Get a card by paying not by merit.Yes the games gone soft with a capital S.(No disrespect to street scaffs)

HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU THERE 69
when i started walking along a 2 board run with a PADDY on your shoulder while the old warped boards flapped up and down(without a harness) DID TEACH ME TO RESPECT HEIGHTS.Nothing better than a couple of pints at lunch the fun has been taken out the game and for all the TGs and SGs i dont feel any safer i only have more tube to erect to meet the target:mad:
JUST LEFT MY MUPPET ERA BEHIND ME SO IM OK FOR THIS THREAD
1980 GET TAE YER NO GETTING TO 6K ON THE BACK OF THIS ONE ;)

Alright supa hope you had a gooden not quite 80 bud but feel like iam already there but still soldiering on in today big strike happening but will be a sad morning only problem with sundays all the decent colonel gadffes are closed so no mans breakfast iam afraid today quite surprised no one as picked up on my 4litre allegro bobby that was a proper mans car in its day but it didn't live up to its name room for five and when that had 3 beefy scaffs and 2 labs boot full of every ones gear she was no good on the hills you could pull your foreskin back quicker no harness trainers on no hard hat no hi viz if you wore gloves you were a pussy and like one quote if you weren't in the pub for dinner there was hell to pay and if you didn't get a blast in the earhole you was working well my ears used to ring like bells some days and many a time I realised and learnt quick never argue back and became very elusive at dodging fittings and if you were to give banter back always do it next to the old Bedford bitch as we called her it made a cracking bunker for a bombardment of doubles but all said and done Bobby it made you aware made you fit made you tough personally I miss them days especially with all the bellocks we have to put up with now and if you hurt yourself bad the motto was work it off and it worked nowadays everyone is out for a fast buck in the blame game I have seen a lot of changes in this trade some for good most for worse H&S are in my eyes over the top with their misery that they have caused and just a quick quote where there is a risk of a fall I believe anything over 450m must have protection when that slimy fat fecker for the elf an safety pulls up in his big four wheel drive where is his harness he is in his work truck he is on site and he certainly is more than 450mil from the floor so wheres his harness they are hypocrites Bobby well I had better fek off iam going on like Alf Garnett all the best scc

Top Bottom