Canada or other place aboard (1 Viewer)

What was the difference in centers like fred..? I did all mine at ncc b'ham so can only give an oppinion on one center.

I can remember Bircham was quite strict years ago. I turned up wearing shorts the first day as it was summer and I was a street dog in those days. I was sent off to change. They were also going to send me home as I pulled a bird in Hunstanton and shagged her in my room which caused uproar with the Boro lads in my block!!
Erith was more laid back.

So most of you guys say that N.Z and Australia will be same money or better when Canada
And the temperature is nicer down where so it just sounds like a litter better option don't it ??

Kind regards

Arley

Weather its a no brainer mate yep I'd myself rather oz out of the 2 only met one who's worked in canada I asked him what I was like and he say " its bloody cold boyo" as opposed to a few that have worked in oz and they all loved it

I assume the £££ was all good but the experience priceless ;)

The money in oz is alot better than nz and can. The only prob is you have to do the oz scaff quali and then you've got to get a visa. Even then you need a certain amount of cash in your bank and you need a sponser.

Very good find mate its 30 ill have a proper look but there must be away round it with out marrying a aussie
Now is a good time to be moving to Australia with the pound buying you more dollars than for ages. Of course the strong pound lowers Aussie wages and it is a pretty expensive place to buy or rent a house.

Now is a good time to be moving to Australia with the pound buying you more dollars than for ages. Of course the strong pound lowers Aussie wages and it is a pretty expensive place to buy or rent a house.

Thanks for the advice fred in an ideal world I'd prob would fancy oz once I have the nebosh ( which the diploma at best will be next year or 2) defo oz over the middle east as all the jobs I've seen advitised they either want a man with a degree or a good few yrs exp in the gulf so in short I'd be fooked lol

Incidently as a well traveled man you prob have a good idea of the £££ in oz or even canada for scaffolders and poss h+s, there's a lot of debate recently on here, and has got me thinking, any rough estimates mate?

Thanks for the advice fred in an ideal world I'd prob would fancy oz once I have the nebosh ( which the diploma at best will be next year or 2) defo oz over the middle east as all the jobs I've seen advitised they either want a man with a degree or a good few yrs exp in the gulf so in short I'd be fooked lol

Incidently as a well traveled man you prob have a good idea of the £££ in oz or even canada for scaffolders and poss h+s, there's a lot of debate recently on here, and has got me thinking, any rough estimates mate?
Australia has it's own safety qualifications I am not certain if Nebosh is recognised everywhere although I know some HSE professionals who worked there temporarily without Aussie safety quals
Wages vary depending on location and project. Certainly $ are more on FIFO work than city. Most scaffs would expect to clear at least 9k a month. Orac will be able to tell more as it depends on rotation etc plus penalty payments for night work, sharing room etc.
I have always been sceptical about whether these countries are crying out for UK scaffs. They will employ them but only very few would sponsor them.

Fifo??? Is that offshore and yes I struggled to find nebosh in oz there were some but I think there's another that they "prefer"

And yes I agree about wanting uk scaffs I think they have a strict entry system for a reason and don't think scaffs are in high demand as say medical/law ppl lol but it would be nice to experience abroad in some capacity usa again is another option ( toooo many choices fred ) now that would be the dream don't have a clue with regards to our training over there or even if nebosh is recognised but as I've been there on hols I know I'd would love it

Fly In Fly Out onshore mines, gas plants etc. A few years ago well known companies recruited cryogenic insulators from the UK under a special visa agreement. They didn't recruit scaffolders. Why? Because there was no shortage.
Mate in my opinion one place is pretty much the same as another once the novelty has worn off and you settle down to the hum drum existence of working and paying the bills.
Of course it's great to show people back in the UK photos of white sand beaches etc but after all it's just a beach.
If your dream is to really leave the UK then good luck. Better take a chance and go for it now. Just remember more than 50% of those who leave the UK are back there within 2 years. The grass is not always greener!

Yeah quite poss fred and its the exp that's the main draw and I'm pretty sure I'll be on top £££ here ( waiting to speak to someone ;) ) for a while so be a nice little hedge fund to spunk later lol again thanks for your opinions mate

fECKEN HELL BOBBY I thought I was the only one out of the scratcher here bobby if you do go to oz take this as very good advice never pick a tube up without a cap on both ends and if you do mate never hold near the end of the tube always glance down it because them funnel web spiders love tube they are a nightmare over there bobby and you can expect 3000 ozzie dollars a week over there bud

3000 a week or not fook scaffolding out there then..... Spiders my old man went there and took some pics for me even in the toilet at 2 in tge morning can't stand em scc them and bees horrible kunts the lot of em, den would love it out there he would prob work for free with all the selecton lol

Top Bottom