Canada or other place aboard (1 Viewer)

Arley

Reaction score
Wounder if any one new about companies that hire for Canada or other place aboard in the moment for longer projects
Have no problem to be away longer periods in a row

Kind regard

Arley

Welcome to the forum pal.

If you look at the international scaffolders section you will lots of advice on there about canada.

Thanks for it
Iam looking
Just little hard with so many posts of the subject
I will keep looking
Thanks for the tip

I know o er mmm ahhhh whats your name again o yeah spencer, sorry about that. Fecking dementia....lol lol

there's two blokes on our job who've recently returned from Canada, full of stories of how it's not the land of milk and honey it's painted to be. One of them lost £2000 when the firm who sponsored him went bust, so tread carefully!

Yeah I was browsing nebosh jobs abroad and obviously coundnt help and have a look at scaffolders jobs and canada the most I saw was roughly £20-25 per hour after uve spend a bit on there training ie journeyman????? Smst as well (think that's h+s ) could be wrong but gun seems right mate

However in oz there were quite a few jobs well a good few infact for scaffs but no idea the £££ sure orac would put u right lads but judgibg by the pics he posted the other day minimum wage and a doss house would do me lol

To go to oz bobby you have to do their scaff quali as they dont recognise ours, so it will cost ya a fair amount ££££.

Didn't know that den but word on the street is it would be worth it ;) heard the £££ is proper out there or so I've been told

I know you can go to NZ on our card but the money is about the same, surely these places oz and canada that are looking for british scaffolders should accept our quali's as were the best trained in the world.

The lads on our job were working in Edmunton Alberta I think. They said H&S was non existant, working in -25, handballing everyhting, welfare facilities poor to unheard of, cost of living astronomical - in fact one of them said they are about 25 years behind the times compared with the UK construction industry.

I know you can go to NZ on our card but the money is about the same, surely these places oz and canada that are looking for british scaffolders should accept our quali's as were the best trained in the world.

That is just a myth that arose as the UK was the first to introduce registration and training for scaffolders.
Certainly in the early days of the CITB it was excellent but once it became CISRS standards slipped. The myriad of training schools that then sprung up and the fact that people could buy cards in car parks contributed to the decline.
Now the claim that British scaffolders are the best trained in the world is about as groundless as the claim that they are the best in the world.

I understand where your coming from there fred, but those that buy there cards, well i say buy but gain their cards through different means are only cheating themselves.and the industry.
In my oppinion my training was shiit hot, i was trained by tony barry at ncc midlands on my part 2 and supervisors, and tom brown on my advanced and both of them run through everything in fine detail, if needed they would go through it 2-3 times to make sure.
maybe to get our rep back as the best we need independent instructors to do final assesments like we do with our driving test/ lessons.

I understand where your coming from there fred, but those that buy there cards, well i say buy but gain their cards through different means are only cheating themselves.and the industry.
In my oppinion my training was shiit hot, i was trained by tony barry at ncc midlands on my part 2 and supervisors, and tom brown on my advanced and both of them run through everything in fine detail, if needed they would go through it 2-3 times to make sure.
maybe to get our rep back as the best we need independent instructors to do final assesments like we do with our driving test/ lessons.
You said it with NCC. The original training centres at Bircham, Erith, Brum and in Scotland had top notch instructors.
It's the Johnny come lately mobs that have sprung up since the introduction of CISRS who must shoulder some of the blame for the downgrading of UK scaffs reputation

Top Bottom